Just saw Sicario: Day of the Soldado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
    Not all of us have the luxury of a senior citizen discount so some of us will have to wait till it hits red box or Netflix.

[emoji12][emoji1306]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I do that all the time. Won't spend the money now when I know in a few months I can watch it for $2 or so.

Plus I feel better about not supporting the Hollywood liberals.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
      Buncha Hollywood hippocrit liberals.

Way to support them Burnadette.
      Ah, metaldude, the screenwriter grew up on a ranch in Clifton/Cranfils Gap and Fort Worth. No liberal hypocrite there!

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
        Not all of us have the luxury of a senior citizen discount so some of us will have to wait till it hits red box or Netflix.

[emoji12][emoji1306]

The movies are like 5 bucks during the day.

Comment

Some of the scenes were filmed less than a mile from my place. Interested in seeing how they show.

Comment

meh

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
              Some of the scenes were filmed less than a mile from my place. Interested in seeing how they show.
              Albuquerque area?

Buncha Hollywood hippocrit liberals.

Way to support them Burnadette.
              I came across this review from an obvious snowflake. Her review, part of it below, would dispute your liberal claim.

"I hated the first Sicario so I knew I wouldn’t be pleased with this sequel, but I didn’t know I’d be outright offended. Sicario reveled in stereotypes, but Sicario: Day of the Soldado doubles down on everything. Screenwriter Taylor Sheridan didn’t read the room when he wrote this, or he did and wants to directly play up to the film’s audience of Trump supporters. The movie goes so far as to open with the reveal that Mexican drug cartels are helping Islamic extremists cross the border into the U.S. From there I remain convinced that Trump tweets fueled every narrative decision, right down to said extremists blowing up a store, as well as a clearly defined white woman and her white daughter. Nearly every Latino in this film is either an unnamed (or unseen) cartel member, is paid off by the cartels, wants to be in the cartel, or is generally associated with drugs. In fact, the movie’s central pawn is a cartel kingpin’s daughter who we watch get kidnapped, victimized, and illegally separated from her family in the hopes of sparking a drug war. Isabela Moner, who plays the cartel daughter Isabel Reyes, is the only standout in this trash fire of a feature. She’s lovely and is so expressive despite the script giving her nothing to do but be a victim. The flagrant “tease” for a sequel is just as bad, with 122 minutes spent decrying Mexico and its presumed land of cocaine only to end with the film’s “hero” attempting to further that for his own personal gain. Having just rewatched the first feature, Benicio del Toro’s Alejandro is also problematic. This is a man who had no compunction killing innocent children in the first movie, yet will sacrifice himself for a teenage girl in this one. (Taylor Sheridan is a little too fascinated with foreign teenage girls.) Del Toro is perfectly fine, but this movie doesn’t get a cookie for having one prominent Latino in the cast who supposedly isn’t terrible. In the times we’re currently living in, I don’t need to pay $20 to see Mexicans erroneously portrayed as horrid people. I can turn on the TV and watch our President do it." - Kristin Lopez

Comment

Fake news.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Fake news.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                  lol!

Comment

BoB is always rad.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                      BoB is always rad.
                      He was just trying to pick on me. It's good.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                        Albuquerque area?

I
                        Yeah just a little north. The film crews are always working in this area. One of the Pueblos owns an piece of property a quarter mile up the road and leases it to the crews to park trailers, movie rigs and catering trucks.
                        I noticed an old building and lot was turned into a used car lot overnight about a month or so ago. The crews filmed on that set for a full day and most of the night. The building was returned to normal the next day. Not sure what the project was. I know that both of these projects have filmed right here in town.

Comment

I think all of the writer's films have used locations in New Mexico, although I doubt that he has anything to do with picking locations except on what he directed/produced. I know a lot of movies are filmed out of Sante Fe, Albuquerque, Abiquiu and eastern NM.

Comment

Lucky You. My wife dragged me to see Book Club this afternoon. This is what you get when you let her pick. My first surprise was that it was sold out except for the front row. My second surprise was that it was very funny. Still, Sicario was across the hall.....just sayin.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                              He was just trying to pick on me. It's good.

Yah, I know. He's alright.

Comment

I haven’t seen the first one will it mess up this one if I go to it?

Comment

Working...
                                X