No announcement yet.

Tropical Weather Threat For Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heavy intermittent rain bands in Pearland/Angleton area. Prayers for all my TBH family. May God's Safe and loving arms keep your family safe. Don't forget to pack the pets!

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
      What's a travel trailer's tip over wind speed? Wondering if I should pull it in the barn. Deer lease trailer, so not insured.

That dirty bastage Ike layed my other one over on its side.
      Point it in the direction the wind is coming from.

Comment

"FYI" Gas has just been delivered to Kroger in Cypress off of 290 & Mason. The other two previous filling stations I stopped at were out

Comment

Originally posted by Ground Checkin' Heavies View Post
          Just got back from Rockport, grabbed my boat and all my valuables. Our place is just east of Rockport in Lamar, off of St. Charles Bay. Tried to save as many of my mom's antiques and store it upstairs; however, believing what Johnny is saying, our house will be 10-12 feet under water and may reach the 2nd story, we'll have mullet swimming in our living room. The storm surge will definitely destroy our house, we are 50 yards off the bay. The eye of the storm will come right over our house, so we'll get the strongest of the eye wall winds.

Hope everyone stays safe!
          Heartbreaking.
          I love Goose and we've been staying in the cabins next to the St. Charles boat ramp for the last 15 years.
          Good grief.
          Prayers sent.

Comment

I'm in Baytown and my best guess is we won't see the wind over 45mph. Now the total rain is going to be crazy. I'm guessing over 25" when this is all said and done. Going to be lots of flooding. Everybody, please remind your kids that drive about underpass flooding. Be safe everyone.

Comment

The first band I saw all night came through Sugar Land at about 0500 hours. Lets get it on!

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                I am not liking how long this thing hangs around. Updated track is now a tropical storm on Wed still over Galveston/Houston.
                It's not looking good brother... it seems like every update I see gets a little worse. I just have a hard time imagining what this thing can do if it just sits and creeps up the coast. The propane guy come out at 8:45pm last night to add 100 gallons to our tank for the back up generator. My wife is heading to the store now to get a few things in case we are trapped between the creeks for a few days. Yall be safe!

Comment

Looks like I'm the only one in my building downtown Houston. Parking garage was EMPTY!

Comment

Prayers yall... lord knows the clean up is gona be bad. But be safe and lets get everybody to that point

Weather channel has it as a cat 2 currently...

Comment

Originally posted by ccbluewater View Post
                      Would be catastrophic for Houston if latest GFS & Euro 12z verifies.. really dreading this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
                      Catastrophic to the point that Katrina settlers headed back to New Orleans?

Comment

Originally posted by TexasLongball View Post
                        Looks like I'm the only one in my building downtown Houston. Parking garage was EMPTY!

I'm here with you... for now. Just a different garage that looked the same

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
                          Where you at? I'm in Three Allen Center.

Comment

Not good...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Pretty sobering words this morning from meteorologist Jeff Lindner...

This is focused to those individuals in the mandatory evacuation areas of:

Calhoun, Refugio, Aransas, San Patricio, Nueces, Jackson, and Matagorda Counties

I have been to your lunch meetings and presented at your conferences, many of you have been on this mailing list for years and have come to trust what I say and the forecast produced.

This is “that storm”, this is “the storm” with only comparisons to Celia (1970) and Carla (1961) for your region. You face one of the most difficult decisions of your life, to stay or leave and for some the landfall of this hurricane will be a defining life moment broken into before and after Harvey. The reality is that some of you will lose everything you own in the next 24 hours, entire homes will be washed away and destroyed by the storm surge. *

You*must*leave, you cannot be in the storm surge inundation zones when Harvey moves ashore…the sea water is going to rise 8-12 feet above the ground in some of these counties along with battering waves that will beat structures to collapse. The coastline will forever be changed in the next 24 hours. You must make the correct decision and complete your preparations immediately and move inland. I am pleading with you to evacuate those areas under mandatory evacuation orders.

Jeff

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
                                I-10 and BW 8 the traffic looks like any other Friday. I still think a lot of people don't grasp the storm yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X