Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maui had a false Missle alert this morning.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maui had a false Missle alert this morning.

So I got a call from my best friend this morning and he was freaking out from a Emergency alert coming through his iPhone and all TV’s saying there is an incoming ballistic missile and to seek shelter. Really!!! This went out on everyone’s phones and TV’s saying it was not a drill. Come to find out 10 minutes later apparently sombody got some buttons confused. Man, how do Yo Mess this one up? Crazy!!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Maui-diver; 01-13-2018, 02:06 PM.

There were probably plenty of idiots going on about their day.

Comment

This alert was sent to every cell phone in the area. It sounds like more of a test to see how people will react and how to help better prepare for the real thing in the future.

Comment

You are seriously asking how Government messed something up???????

I am seriously amazed when they get anything right.

Comment

Come on guys--it was on farce-book.

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
            Come on guys--it was on farce-book.
            Some of us do not do that.

Comment

My friend was there. She said they all were taking shelter until they got word that it was a mix up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Media will spin this into something to blame Trump.

Comment

My BIL and SIL are at our place in Maui and he sent a text of an empty Kaanapali Beach this morning. They figured there was no where safe, so they just made a drink and waited for the fireworks!! Thankfully nothing to see.

Comment

Y’all about a pucker factor!

Comment

Took 38 minutes until it was canceled. My buddy said people were opening manholes and throwing their children in them. Man, that would suck.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                        There were probably plenty of idiots going on about their day.
                        Really not much to do but put your head between your legs and kiss you booty goodbye.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Lee230 View Post
                          My BIL and SIL are at our place in Maui and he sent a text of an empty Kaanapali Beach this morning. They figured there was no where safe, so they just made a drink and waited for the fireworks!! Thankfully nothing to see.
                          Really all you can do unless you have a bomb shelter. I like their style.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Outbreaker View Post
                            Some of us do not do that.
                            I know that---but anything that originates on any social media site---to include the green screen, is automatically suspect until confirmed. Too many nut-cases out there that like to jerk folks around with junk like this.

Comment

Would "take cover" really be beneficial if a ballistic missile was headed your way?

Comment

Working...
                              X