Christmas presents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas presents

Making some grunt calls for my FIL and BIL’s. From right to left is cocobolo, mesquite that I cut, and birds eye maple. I’ll post pics up of the finished products in a week or so.
    Attached Files

Nothing like handmade gifts. Wish I had the skill set to do something similar, super cool idea.

Comment

Nice

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
        Nothing like handmade gifts. Wish I had the skill set to do something similar, super cool idea.
        Thanks. I’ve never had any formal training on a lathe. Just lots of practice.

Comment

Very nice! I have some give away tree ornaments on my list to turn for folks.

Comment

Originally posted by doug View Post
            Very nice! I have some give away tree ornaments on my list to turn for folks.
            Originally posted by highspeed View Post
            Thanks. I’ve never had any formal training on a lathe. Just lots of practice.
            Glad to see some other turners on the Green Screen.
            Those calls are looking good! What call components are you using, did you use a special mandrel?

Comment

Originally posted by bassmatt72 View Post
              Glad to see some other turners on the Green Screen.
              Those calls are looking good! What call components are you using, did you use a special mandrel?
              It’s a Rich-N-Tone adjustable call. It takes bushings that are made to be used with a pen mandrel. I found everything at pennstateind.com

Comment

We need to start a turner thread and post some pics of work. Need some new ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by eaglegolfj View Post
                  We need to start a turner thread and post some pics of work. Need some new ideas.
                  Sounds good I'll start one in the DIY section.

Comment

Originally posted by highspeed View Post
                    It’s a Rich-N-Tone adjustable call. It takes bushings that are made to be used with a pen mandrel. I found everything at pennstateind.com
                    Cool, seen them on that site before. What finish are you going to use? Looking forward to seeing the finished project!

Comment

Awesome job Sir

Comment

Welp....the cocobolo had cracked so I replaced it with another piece of mesquite that I cut.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Nice work!

Comment

Working...
                          X