Most durable target?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most durable target?

I bought a "block classic" and after about 1000 arrows over two weeks, its still stopping them, but only barely because they are hitting my backstop after passing 6-8" out the back.... I'm afraid a few more in the paint, and they'll be sailing right through the target then through my new fence panels.
    Whats the most durable target ya'll have experience with?

Dang! 1000 arrows in two weeks, you'll probably be hard pressed to find one to keep up with that pace!

Comment

I'm interested to hear the opinions though! Definitely good info for when I need a new one!

Comment

The Rhinehart brute

Comment

For field tips i like the Morels bag targets. Get one with the nucleus center though. When you wear out a bag, just put another one on. Also if you start shooting through you can toss it on the ground and stomp on it a bit.

Comment

Mo Foam Chunk Target ..

Comment

Yeah, When I took up archery, I got hooked, and since I gave up social media for new years (successfully I might add, as I deleted FB, Snapchat, and the gram from my phone and never looked back) I now have at least another hour back in day everyday.
              AAAAAND I have two young sons (4 and almost 6) that enjoy playing in the backyard and talking to me as I shoot.
              It has become a wonderful daily ritual for us to hang out outside and I will only be happier when they are big enough and ask me to buy them each a compound bow to join me.

Comment

Big Boy or Blob Targets.
                You have to order them but they are still affordable. My son and I shoot our Big Boy Targets a lot and they have held up really well and easy to pull the arrows out. The Blob is tough to pull arrows but man if your shooting 75 arrows a day you might actually weaken one of them up.

Bag targets are ok if you keep them out of the rain. We leave ours out so not an option for us.

The Rinehart are good, but pretty small for the price.
                Last edited by Miller; 05-08-2019, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Rhinehart Rhinoblock XL.

Comment

Bulldog, Lifetime warranty, wear it out they'll send you new covers etc. I got a dud, stopped my 60# Vertix, stopped my 70# Halon, had trouble with the 75# Vertix. They sent me a whole target no problem. So I've been really happy with the product and their Customer Service. I've been shooting Rinhart 18-1's for a long time, but they are relatively small, and only last me about a year, as far as foam goes they are the best. IMHO avoid the Blob targets.... holy cow, without lube on your arrow and any draw weight > 60# with carbon arrows..... it ain't worth it... I don't care how long it lasts... its rough getting your arrow back. Also for me does not wear any better than the Rinehart foam, just a LOT harder to get your arrow out of.

Comment

The Blob is the most durable target hands down, its Stronger Than Death....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Another vote for the Blob for longevity.....I'm on year 9 of mine and still am not through halfway down the dots. I used to shoot a lot......now I shoot less but still give it hell. Not 500 arrows a week hell but still.

Here it is new. I added the spray painted circles so I could take advantage of the full surface and not just shoot out the center. I also went back and added dots between the dots on the top 3 rows. Something you might consider if you didn't do it for your block. Spreads out the damage. This is 24" x 24" by 10" deep

Click image for larger version

Name:	Blob 24x24 (Medium).JPG
Views:	13
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	24579598
                        Last edited by Smart; 05-08-2019, 06:37 PM.

Comment

You can not beat a Matrix target...

Comment

I have a blob... this is what it does after a dozen shots.... I felt it was too abrasive for daily shooting.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1379.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	24579603

I started to worry it was thinning the walls of my carbon shafts. Older blobs don’t seem to have this issue but mine bought last year does. I have that same outserts that has been into bags and rineharts countless times with barely a mark.

Comment

IMO the most durable target for the money is a bag target.

I built my own using Thirdhand Archery skins; it's 48 x 48 x 12 and it swivels so I can shoot both sides. Keep it covered and it will last for years and years, UV will kill the skins in about two years.

I have about $120.00 in the initial build and new skins are $35 about every two years if you don't keep it covered.

I shoot 8,000-10,000 arrows a year plus what my son and wife shoot.

48" Target Skins

36" Target Skins

There's a build thread over on archery talk that has a lot of great designs for these targets. I mounted mine on two 4 x 4 posts with a hinge so I can rotate it to shoot both sides. I used old clothing to stuff mine, I had most of it but I put a call out on facebook to get more to fill it. You can hit up other family members for old clothing. I cut any metal zippers and such out of the clothing to mitigate damaging arrows.

They work great, it's a bag target, but bigger!

Comment

Working...
                              X