Keep up the good work ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
    Nikes and Levis. Real men don't wear them.
    Gawd help me if Wrangler or New Balance ever pulls a bonehead stunt like that. I might have to commit harikari or just run around nekkid.
    This is awesome!!

Comment

Nike stock is at $82.10

Boycott is sure showing them!

Comment

Do you feel suppressed JJ?

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
          Do you feel suppressed JJ?
          I'm feeling great - It's a good day.

Comment

JJ,

I respect your opinions and the way you handle yourself. But why are you excited about Nike stock? Do you own it? Do you get pleasure from these scenarios that imply conservatives were wrong? I honestly don't get the semi-victory dances that you and a few others do when something appears to go right for the left. If veterans and police officers are disgusted about CK's actions and or choice of socks, and he is chosen by nike to represent them, why does that appear to make you happy? Trying to get more insight. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
              JJ,

I respect your opinions and the way you handle yourself. But why are you excited about Nike stock? Do you own it? Do you get pleasure from these scenarios that imply conservatives were wrong? I honestly don't get the semi-victory dances that you and a few others do when something appears to go right for the left. If veterans and police officers are disgusted about CK's actions and or choice of socks, and he is chosen by nike to represent them, why does that appear to make you happy? Trying to get more insight. Thanks.
              I actually did buy some of the stock at the dip.

And I am actually sorry at the way I come across to some. Unfortunately, I am stubborn and sarcastic. When responding to a few people here, I get caught up and sometimes it comes off different than my intention.

Then some of the actual Conservative comments that I make get lost in the agreement, because there is not the back and forth that some of my other comments generate. So they don't stand out as much from my other views. I think it also helps understand that not every Veteran agrees with the sentiment that the protest is disrespectful. I have attempted to post actual quotes of prominent Veterans that believe that, as well as personal interactions.

I also believe that the worst part of what Kaepernick has done is the pig socks. I'm of the mind that if you wish to enact actual change, name calling and insults are not the way to go about it. Those socks were of bad taste, and he should not have worn those.
              Last edited by jer_james; 09-11-2018, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post

And I am actually sorry at the way I come across to some. Unfortunately, I am stubborn and sarcastic. When responding to a few people here, I get caught up and sometimes it comes off different than my intention.

Then some of the actual Conservative comments that I make get lost in the agreement, because there is not the back and forth that some of my other comments generate. So they don't stand out as much from my other views. I think it also helps understand that not every Veteran agrees with the sentiment that the protest is disrespectful. I have attempted to post actual quotes of prominent Veterans that believe that, as well as personal interactions.

I also believe that the worst part of what Kaepernick has done is the pig socks. I'm of the mind that if you wish to enact actual change, name calling and insults are not the way to go about it. Those socks were of bad taste, and he should not have worn those.
                Oh please.

Comment

So you support Nike and Kapeedick, who supports BLM, which has called for the killing of cops numerous times and applauded when leo's have been killed? Thats your stance? You think the fuggin socks were over the line....gmafb!

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                    So you support Nike and Kapeedick, who supports BLM, which has called for the killing of cops numerous times and applauded when leo's have been killed? Thats your stance? You think the fuggin socks were over the line....gmafb!
                    I do support Nike, and dont do anything to support Kaepernick. I love Nike/Lebron James stuff, lol.

I dont support BLM either. That's just rhetoric.

Abortion is terrible
                    Less Government is better
                    Live and let live - ON BOTH SIDES

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                      LoL
                      Yeah because Trump can't supply them enough work making his suits and ties to keep the factory's lights on.

https://nypost.com/2017/07/17/white-...de-in-america/
                      I thought he was bringing his and others manufacturing back to the states? I have not been keeping up with that but thought his line of ties/etc and his daughters line of clothing was all moved back here. Guess not.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                        I thought he was bringing his and others manufacturing back to the states? I have not been keeping up with that but thought his line of ties/etc and his daughters line of clothing was all moved back here. Guess not.
                        Half of our work went to Korea...I hope everyone feels safe every time they step on a Boeing 737 in the next years knowing some guy making peanuts made the parts and then they traveled half way around the world getting banged up in a crate. The chickens are coming home to roost Bobby Boucher....
                        Last edited by kck; 09-11-2018, 12:57 PM.

Comment

I wonder how many folks are like me and just don't care at all.

I was never going to buy any tennis shoes from them anyway.
                          The washed up bozo the clown looking fellow, I had never heard of.

I for one could care less what he or any other ball players does, it really does not effect me or mine.

I figure if folks ignore bad behavior maybe they will look around and realize nobody cares and just get on with their lives

Comment

Right, wrong or indifferent, I will give it to JJ that he stands up for what he believes in. Sometime even while facing mountains of contradictory facts.

I think he is being pretty genuine here. I dont think there is any question on which side of the table I sit on.

And I bought some stock. Sold my soul for a whopping $32 (I am planning to see what the Christmas season does before selling). But I also bought BP after the Horizon, pipelines after the Indian mess, and made other investments in companies that I may not agree with. That money is still green like the rest.....
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                              I wonder how many folks are like me and just don't care at all.

I was never going to buy any tennis shoes from them anyway.
                              The washed up bozo the clown looking fellow, I had never heard of.

I for one could care less what he or any other ball players does, it really does not effect me or mine.

I figure if folks ignore bad behavior maybe they will look around and realize nobody cares and just get on with their lives
                              I agree with that your stance and used to think the same...but if you keep ignoring and don't help push back on this nonsense they will keep pushing this crap harder and harder and eventually it will make it to you and affect the very things you do care about. And who will be there to help you? Just my humble 2cents.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                                I agree with that your stance and used to think the same...but if you keep ignoring and don't help push back on this nonsense they will keep pushing this crap harder and harder and eventually it will make it to you and affect the very things you do care about. And who will be there to help you? Just my humble 2cents.
                                I agree with Buff on this. Had no one lost their minds about Kaepernick kneeling in the first place, his name would probably elicit a "who?" from most people right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X