Live Crawfish Today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live Crawfish Today?

Anyone know of place that has live crawfish today between Galveston and downtown Houston? I have called all my local places in Kemah and Texas City and they are out.

Fyi, I'm looking for about 20lbs.

Comment

Everyone by me (magnolia) says feb 2 or 3

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
        Everyone by me (magnolia) says feb 2 or 3

With as cold as it has been I bet its later than that. Well if they do have some by then they will be $$$

Comment

Originally posted by Dustinb09 View Post
          With as cold as it has been I bet its later than that. Well if they do have some by then they will be $$$
          Agreed .

Comment

Down here in Galveston county some places had them this morning but sold out quick. The places I talked to said they would have them again next weekend. Don't know what they were asking per lb though.

Comment

Boyd's has had a few sacks occasionally. This weather isn't going to help out though.

Comment

Originally posted by USMC View Post
                Fyi, I'm looking for about 20lbs.
                You will pay $150 for 20 lbs if you can find them. Restaurants aren't even boiling as wholesale price from the farmer is $5/lb. Retail to the consumer is $7-$8 / lb. Temps will be in the 20's next week as I don't expect crawfish anytime soon

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                  You will pay $150 for 20 lbs if you can find them. Restaurants aren't even boiling as wholesale price from the farmer is $5/lb. Retail to the consumer is $7-$8 / lb. Temps will be in the 20's next week as I don't expect crawfish anytime soon
                  Well that sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by USMC View Post
                    Well that sucks.
                    farming is all about Mother Nature

I know a guy who fishes a 5 acre pond, and ran his traps Wednesday and caught 19 lbs of live crawfish (1/2 sack). They boiled and peeled the tails and made an etoufee. Bait, diesel, and labor ended up costing him $175 for basically 3 lbs of crawfish tails

Comment

Had this plate Thursday night at Zydeclawa in Atascocita. Cold probably shut them down a few days. They have them today from Thursday's delivery. Might call them about live ? They were $7.95 lb boiled.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180103_161608704-600x800.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	184.2 KB
ID:	24526740

Comment

Making my mouth water!!!!!

Comment

I did not need to see that picture.....wanting some also..

Comment

In Australia we call em yabbies, glad there's plenty of places to catch them and we don't need to buy em, I feel for you guys.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

$4.75 a pound live in ne Texas, called yesterday

Comment

Working...
                              X