On Call Compensation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On Call Compensation

I’m on call one week out of every six. We get no compensation unless actually called out. For y’all that are on call, how often and are you compensated in any way? It’s on my mind because my family is off having Christmas and I’m stuck at home waiting on the phone to ring.

I get 8 hrs of comp time for being on call for the week and then compensated at 1.5

Comment

The last hvac company I worked for gave us 4 hrs. ot, plus whatever hours we worked. For one week on call.

Comment

That stinks!

Comment

Got a cellphone?

Comment

I work on call a ton. I get my normal day rate for each day I’m on call. I only get one guaranteed day off a week though so while it’s great sitting around the house and getting paid for it, I’m always glued to my phone.

Comment

We get $2/HR when on call, time and a half if you get called in. Minimum of 2 hrs pay

Comment

We get 10 hours Comptime each week we’re on call and any extra if you get called in. During holidays you get the shaft because you didn’t hit 40hrs so no time and a half until then, no extra compensation for us during holidays.

Comment

It’s the same for my guys. No compensation unless they get called out. We are oilfield so it’s 24 hr operations for us. Luckily we know when our jobs are going so we get very few surprise calls.

Comment

I like beer too much to work like that.....

Comment

When I worked for an electrical contractor doing oilfield work, we were given $500/week for being on call. That was great, and you didn’t mind being on call. The large pipeline company I work for now gives you nothing. Like mentioned, I have spend several holidays and many weekends at home waiting on the phone to ring with no compensation. I feel like they should give you something to have you on a leash.

Comment

I go on call once a month and I get $120 on call pay each time. I average 15-20 hours of OT the week I'm on call.

A few years ago I was on call Christmas and got called out at 1am Christmas morning I made it back home just as my kids were waking up to open presents.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Comment

We don't get paid unless we get called out, and we're on call every time we're away from the plant. But call outs are rare, only an emergency. It's 4 hours OT to show up for a call out.

Comment

1 hr OT per 24hrs on call . Then we get any OT or Comp Time for the callout.

Comment

I'm on call 2 weeks out of the month. One week I am secondary the following week I am the primary call out.

I only get paid if I get called out at OT rate. I can NOT go out of town, consume alcoholic beverages etc. The joys of police work.

Comment

Working...
                              X