Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trapping stranded deer on small property in the city.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trapping stranded deer on small property in the city.

Is there any way to make this happen? There’s a small chunk of woods maybe 3 acres that use to be much bigger, they are about to level the whole thing and there’s is a heard of at least 20-30 deer with literally no where to go. It honestly is looking like they will just be ran out of there onto the streets and strip centers. Is there any way to get a trapper out there to bait them and maybe net them to haul them off? I like hunting deer but I don’t want to see a bunch of does and fawns slaughtered on the streets. I even thought it would be cool if there was a way to release them in the national Forrest only a short bit down 45. Don’t know if that’s a legal possibility but it should be.
    Last edited by SwineAssassiN; 05-23-2018, 07:16 PM.

Any chance this is in Spring? I know of a area off of Spring Stuebner that this exact thing is happening

Comment

Inform TPWD and the local extension agent. Most deer end up in neighborhoods when that happens...……...if any are close. If the numbers are that high in only 3 acres they are already starving. Deer are quite resilient but this sounds like a tougher deal.

Comment

It happens all over Spring/Woodlands area. Deer eventually find somewhere to go. At least the ones that don't get ran over

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
          Inform TPWD.
          This.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
            It happens all over Spring/Woodlands area. Deer eventually find somewhere to go. At least the ones that don't get ran over
            Yep, they walk down the street in our neighborhood. No big deal until they eat all your roses.....lol!

Comment

Originally posted by bollomb View Post
              Any chance this is in Spring? I know of a area off of Spring Stuebner that this exact thing is happening
              This is in spring but not where you are talking about, although I do know where you are referring to also

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                Yes no doubt, unfortunately they are in there last little bit of cover left at all. Not another tract of woods anywhere around.

Comment

Yep, they walk down the street in our neighborhood. No big deal until they eat all your roses.....lol!
                  Heck with all the woods in your neighborhood they’d do just fine there I’m sure! Lol I had to chase your beagle all through those woods last year. Haha

Comment

Inform TPWD and the local extension agent. Most deer end up in neighborhoods when that happens...……...if any are close. If the numbers are that high in only 3 acres they are already starving. Deer are quite resilient but this sounds like a tougher deal.
                    They seem to be very healthy but the only reason is because there is 3 arches of woods but probably 15-20 acres of green pasture they feed on.

Comment

I remember this same post about a piece of land off i-10 between BW8 and Katy

Comment

Originally posted by SwineAssassiN View Post
                        Heck with all the woods in your neighborhood they’d do just fine there I’m sure! Lol I had to chase your beagle all through those woods last year. Haha
                        LOL...……….you and everybody else tends to chase that lil scamp all over the place!!!
                        Originally posted by SwineAssassiN View Post
                        They seem to be very healthy but the only reason is because there is 3 arches of woods but probably 15-20 acres of green pasture they feed on.
                        AHA!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X