Surf Fishing this Weekend???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surf Fishing this Weekend???

Every year we spend the memorial day weekend at the beach and most every year the surf is brown and the wind is howling. This year we are tracking for green water and light winds. Is anyone having success in the surf this week and what are you catching and on what?

Thanks!

throw some margarita Norton Sand Eel Jr's with a 1/4 oz jig head.

Comment

what are you fishing for? If it is specks early in the morning i know guys have had some success but the bite has been very short in duration and generally over by 8am. And anything else that i have heard about is just off and on throughout the day.

If you are fishing with long rods for Red, sharks, jacks, etc. i haven't heard of much in the way of numbers. There was a tiger shark caught off of Galveston the past week, small tiger but still really good catch. But again similar to the speck reports not much. This year seems a little off to me for some reason

Comment

I wish the weather was still what they had on the books from last weekend. They had it as a north wind from Friday to Saturday this week.

Comment

I will be out there in the surf this weekend giving it a go.

Comment

I am going to try my luck on Galveston island this weekend. Probably around Indian or SLP, first time hitting the surf this year.

Comment

I like to fish for trout or sharks. More than anything, I just want to have some decent green water that doesn't beat me up!

Comment

We fish the far west end of Galveston...just shy of San Luis pass.

Trout in the surf have been good since the bay heated up. And we've pulled a few Spanish Mackerel. If there's decent water in the surf, that's the place to be.

Last weekend, my nephew waded the bay from San Luis back to the east. He pulled in 2 big red's and 2 finger trout. That was a lot of walking for not much activity.

Comment

Any of y'all camp on the beach near galveston or surfside? Would make the trip a lot cheaper but I've never done it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
                    Any of y'all camp on the beach near galveston or surfside? Would make the trip a lot cheaper but I've never done it.

At Surfside access #4

Comment

I see lots of tents on the beach between San Luis and Surfside. I'm not sure I could sleep in a sandy tent.

Galveston Island State Park has some primitive sites and might have a shower...and would still be cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by Honker View Post
                        I see lots of tents on the beach between San Luis and Surfside. I'm not sure I could sleep in a sandy tent.

Galveston Island State Park has some primitive sites and might have a shower...and would still be cheap.
                        I'd sleep in back of my tahoe, no tent for me.

Didn't think about GISP. I have kayaked and fished there a few times.

Thanks guys.

Comment

Thanks for the info

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I haven't in a couple years but fishing buddies and I used to sleep overnight on surfside regularly the whole weekend shark fishing before we started having kids and the group got smaller. Once kids are a little older we will be doing it again

Originally posted by Flex View Post

Comment

Where you headed? I say go for it, good luck and post a report please.
                              Originally posted by Outback View Post
                              Thanks for the info

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X