Balcones Canyonlands NWR Hunt 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Balcones Canyonlands NWR Hunt 2015

Just checked and looks like I got picked for Unit 3. My wife hunted this unit a couple years back and saw a couple deer no shot opportunities though.

Looks like hunt date is Dec 11-13.

Anyone else get picked?

Looks like we won unit 13 for the youth weekend hunt with my 14 y/o.

Comment

My first year applying. I got Unit 8 for Nov 20-22.

Comment

I got unit 8 for December 11-13

Comment

I signed up, but where do we find the results at? First timer here..........

Comment

I got picked for unit 1 for Nov. 20-22. If anyone has any knowledge of this unit, I would appreciate any tips

Comment

Originally posted by Ungawa View Post
              I signed up, but where do we find the results at? First timer here..........
              Ok I figured it out........you get an email. I did not get picked.

Question? I put three people in when I signed up, does that mean that if one of us does not get picked, none of us get picked? Or Is there still a chance for one or two people to get picked out of the three? I am guessing the other two did not get picked, but I don't know at this point, because they have yet to check their email this afternoon.

Comment

Wish I had known about this place. I would have applied; it's not too far of a drive. I just read the hunt information and was wondering if any of y'all have ever tried to get on as a standby hunter?

Comment

Was just about to start a thread on this. I got picked for Zone 3 Dec. 4-6. Interested to see if anyone has hunted here before or has any advice?

Comment

Originally posted by Texas5o View Post
                    Wish I had known about this place. I would have applied; it's not too far of a drive. I just read the hunt information and was wondering if any of y'all have ever tried to get on as a standby hunter?
                    yes, sometimes there are standby positions.

Comment

We got unit 7 for Dec 11-13.

Comment

I did not make it this year, again. Failed 3-4 years in a row. I hunted there 2 times 5-6 years ago. It seems fair easy to win the draw at that time. Won 2 times in a row as well. Don't know why it becomes so difficult for me these years. Maybe, because I started to pick spots instead of to choose "any".

I hunted at unit 7 and 8 before. These two units are easy to get the draw as my experience. The weather did not cooperate when I hunted unit 8, didn't make a shot. But spooked a deer during scouting, saw lots of deer signs. Saw lots of deer at unit 7, some fat does and a decent buck. Made a shot, but missed. Since deer kept moving and did not give me much time to aim. Bait is not allowed.

Unit 7 and 8 are rocky hill country terrain. If you have an ATV, you can reach some hard to get spots. Will have more opportunities than others.

Comment

Originally posted by howabouttheiris View Post
                          Looks like we won unit 13 for the youth weekend hunt with my 14 y/o.
                          It is showing on the search that we won, but have not yet received an email with the confirmation. Has anyone got a "you won" email.

I have a separate "you lost" email for my other application for the general hunt.

Comment

I checked the website and saw I won before I get the email, got the email around 6pm last night.

Comment

Originally posted by DizzyTx View Post
                              My first year applying. I got Unit 8 for Nov 20-22.
                              Originally posted by Edward F View Post
                              I got unit 8 for December 11-13
                              Originally posted by careybirdwell View Post
                              I got picked for unit 1 for Nov. 20-22. If anyone has any knowledge of this unit, I would appreciate any tips
                              Originally posted by aggie_archer View Post
                              Was just about to start a thread on this. I got picked for Zone 3 Dec. 4-6. Interested to see if anyone has hunted here before or has any advice?

I've hunted Units 1,2,3,and 8.

Search Balcones on the Public Hunting Fourm, posted some info from my previous hunts in those units.

Comment

Working...
                              X