Is there a good........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a good........

.....battery powered chainsaw ? I'm not talking about cutting down trees. I'm talking about a little delimbing or trimming trails type of saw. I already own two large saws for felling and cutting up firewood, etc. but I'd like to have a small, light saw to keep in my truck, throw in the cart, Ranger, etc.

Thoughts and real world experiences welcome. Thanks !

I have a kobalt 40 volt from lowes and I love it ,I cut a 24' dia log with it on one charge !

Comment

Stihl battery operated

Comment

My dad bought me a Ryobi 'chainsaw on a stick' for Christmas. (I have had Ryobi products before and consider them disposable.)
        Despite my inclination to not want to like it, I've really loved it. First, it holds a charge pretty well (I did buy an extra battery in case I need to trim much). Second, it is nice to grab it for a quick trim of a branch or two - it always seems like such a production to get my regular chain saw up and running (gas, oil, tighten chain, etc. ...).
        If I were going to do much heavy duty trimming, I'd want a gas 'chainsaw on a stick'. But this has been great for what I use it for and I think it wasn't very expensive.

Comment

Stihl is the best!

Comment

Not battery powered but I have an Echo 355T and love it for smaller needs.
            Arborist-approved. Learn more about the CS-355T and other chainsaws today at ECHO.

Comment

Originally posted by mudkat View Post
              I have a kobalt 40 volt from lowes and I love it ,I cut a 24' dia log with it on one charge !
              Dang 24 foot dia log

Comment

Originally posted by kruppa24 View Post
                Dang 24 foot dia log

Now that's a saw!!!!

Comment

Southern tractor in willis and porter has stihl ms 170 on sale for $159 right now. 16"bar weighs 8lbs. Bad *** little saw

Comment

I've had an 18 volt Ryobi for at least 10 years. It works great for the small stuff.

Comment

I've been reading reviews. Greenworks seems to be pretty popular.

Comment

I bought 2 of the ryobi 18volt pole saws and me and a buddy can dismantle shooting lanes in no time. Im super pleased with that purchase. I use it to cut wood for smoker. Super easy to use and never let me down.

Comment

I have been using a Ryobi 40v for the last 6 yrs. I have cut up dozens of trees, as well as countless limbs, 10x10 post, floor demo, etc.... Thing is a beast, and never misses a beat. I bought 3 chains for it, and make sure they all get sharpened when I finish. Electric doesn't like dull, and it's the quickest way to drain the battery. This is their top tier electric tools though. I had to order them, as I haven't found a HD yet, that carries anything but their lower line of tools. Bought the weedeater & a blower at the same time. All still going strong.
                          My buddy runs a Oregan commercially, and it's a bad dude, but the price tag reflects it lol.
                          We're to the point, with lithium batteries, and brushless motors, that any of the big names are going to work. Unless you are using it to make a living, at which point get the Milwaukee.

Comment

Hard to beat this price if you already have 20 Volt Dewalt tools. My dad has one of these and it perfect for what you are wanting to do. Small and lightweight.

Comment

My mom bought one of the Stihl battery operated ones. They're not cheap but darn good saw.

Comment

Working...
                              X