No announcement yet.

Running shoes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=RF76;13434001]I have tried several brands and I always come back to Brooks Pureflow. I’m currently running on the Pureflow 6 but I want to try out the Altra Torin.[/QUOTE

I am going to have to try those.

Comment

I’m 47 as well and I just tried Hokas. Never going back to old shoes

Comment

Ghosts are my go to!

Comment

Well they pretty much covered every possible tennis shoe made by man good luck to you

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
            Let me preface this by saying that I am not an expert on running. I have not engaged in competitive sports for several years. At 47 years of age I do still try to run quite a bit. I have beaten my feet up over the years ruck marching and currently have a pretty bad case of plantar fasciitis that comes and goes. I have been fighting that for the last five years. I have tried insoles, shots, splints, socks, and every other thing under the sun. What I have discovered is that there is no substitution for a good shoe.

I have tried Adidas, Asics, Nike, Reebok, New Balance, Under Armour, and several more, with no real success. I thought that I would never be able to run again without killing my feet. A buddy of mine turned me on to Brooks running shoes. I said what the heck and gave them a try. I purchased the Ghost model and immediately it was different from all of the others. I could run further and longer without even half the pain as before. I quickly bought a second pair, this time the Glycerin model. It is equally as good as the Ghost. I have no idea why I did not try them sooner.

If you guys like to run and you have feet issues, give Brooks a try. Maybe you will find your love of running again, or simply enjoy wearing running shoes once more.
            I'm sure it was posted in here, but buying at big box stores is the biggest problem. Go to a running store, and they will fit you. Big box stores sell crap shoes.

I happen to have the Brooks Ghosts. The reason they work so well for me is a have an over-pronation in my step. Those Ghosts won't work for someone who has an under-pronation. A good shoe store will fit a shoe to your step. My only suggestion, when you go in, go in without a budget, and pick exactly what feels best. The first time you run with them, you will wonder why you didn't do it sooner.

Comment

My experience is very similar to yours. I'm 55 and just started running a year and a half ago. I started with Mizunos. Went from the Inspire (knee pain) to the Catalyst (shin splints and achilles tendonitis). Decided to go get fitted at a running store. The guy pointed me toward the Brooks Levitate. They were/are extremely comfortable but the tendonitis just kept getting worse to the point that the only running i could do was on a treadmill and I was in pain for a couple days afterward. I did some research on my own and decided to try the Brooks Ghosts 10. WOW, what a difference. In just 2-3 weeks the tendonitis was gone and I can run outside again. I'm a believer.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                I'm sure it was posted in here, but buying at big box stores is the biggest problem. Go to a running store, and they will fit you. Big box stores sell crap shoes.

I happen to have the Brooks Ghosts. The reason they work so well for me is a have an over-pronation in my step. Those Ghosts won't work for someone who has an under-pronation. A good shoe store will fit a shoe to your step. My only suggestion, when you go in, go in without a budget, and pick exactly what feels best. The first time you run with them, you will wonder why you didn't do it sooner.
                Bingo!!!! This is the truth!! Do yourself a favor go get fitted by a professional that knows shoes! Everyone's feet are different and what brand style works for you may not work for someone else. I now know that I have to have a neutral cushioning shoe or I'm in pain, just like the OP. Running stores prices are competitive too. No excuse not to have the right shoe for you!

Comment

Issued Brooks running shoes in bootcamp many, many moons ago. I am sure I ran hundreds if not thousands of miles in those shoes and loved them except they were an ugly brown. I still have them somewhere but they are pretty worn out. At 53 I need to get where I can run again. lol

Comment

I agree.. I'm on my 15th or 16th pair of Brooks ghost and have 2 brand new pairs in the closet, It's a no brainer.. fantastic shoe

Comment

Never tried brooks but my asics are the most comfortable shoes I’ve ever worn. Both pair.

Comment

I have plantar fasciitis. I am 48 and I have tried to get back into running but the plantar fasciitis always gets me. Everytime I buy a pair of shoes I have to purchase inserts with a very aggressive arch support to help my feet. I also have to wear inserts in all of my snake, work and hunting boots. Most of the time it makes whatever I am wearing very tight and uncomfortable.

I buy my running shows at a running store in Round Rock close to Razzoos. They always put me in a pair of New Balance with a new set of inserts. They are great for a while but the pain comes back.

Comment

I just bought my first pair of brooks after years of cycling through all of the others and what a difference. I am a very big guy and have struggled with plantar fasciitis but a week in and my feet feel a hundred times better, only 20 miles or so on them but so far so good! If only I could find a pair of ootd that comfortable to work in!!

Comment

Are there any house shoes with aggressive arch support?

Comment

Running shoes.

Bought my first pair of Brooks a few weeks back. I bought the Levitate. I’ve worn ASICS for as long as I can remember, until now. Also, tacticalgear.com is closing out Brooks at amazing prices.

Comment

Working...
                              X