Pineywoods LL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pineywoods LL

so the longview/kilgore LL Allsars team defeated Lufkin last night 14-6. i know most of the kids on that Pineywoods team, my boy plays travel with a couple of them and has played against them all at some point, and they are beast. i have no doubts this team with go a long way, if not take the whole thing....either way, im super excited to have a local team to get behind this year!

What's next for them?

Comment

not real sure.....i follow them on gamechanger and the facebook, i need to ask.

Comment

Comment

Championship on Saturday at Faulkner, 7pm against winner of Rose Capital West vs. Lufkin. They play Thursday night in Lufkin.

Comment

looks like they will be heading to austin for the next round!

Comment

I will be interested to see how they do this year. This team is based out of my local community. I know there has been some grumblings on how the league was formed and the teams constructed. I hope for the kids playing nothing comes about it.

Comment

Taking nothing away from the kids, who are super super talented...the league was formed and recruited to play together with the express purpose of winning the LLWS.

They played inter-league with us for a couple of games before it was painfully obvious their teams were hand picked from the beginning and they were asked to move on.

Hopefully whatever the All-Star rules are they followed them and they won't lose eligibility.

It was painful for the rec teams who were drafted to have to play these guys.

They have some amazing talent...but I guess even 12 year old rec baseball is not immune to adults playing the system to win.

10-0 after the first inning...wow, however Lufkin did something to score 6 runs on them.
                Last edited by Dugie; 06-27-2018, 01:39 PM.

Comment

The guy that owns the Dugout is out to put his organization on the map. weve played there a couple seasons and as long as you can come up with the fees you are put on a team. we were going to play this fall there, didnt have to tryout, but we went with mizuno.

Comment

Originally posted by chris1911 View Post
                    The guy that owns the Dugout is out to put his organization on the map. weve played there a couple seasons and as long as you can come up with the fees you are put on a team. we were going to play this fall there, didnt have to tryout, but we went with mizuno.
                    What's the name of his organization?

Comment

Dugout

Comment

Originally posted by chris1911 View Post
                        Dugout
                        Thanks. I missed it in the other post. Sounds like a salty group. Hope it's all on the up and up and they make some noise. It will get tough after sectionals!

Comment

Pineywoods won last night 11-2.

Comment

Originally posted by Dugie View Post
                            Taking nothing away from the kids, who are super super talented...the league was formed and recruited to play together with the express purpose of winning the LLWS.

They played inter-league with us for a couple of games before it was painfully obvious their teams were hand picked from the beginning and they were asked to move on.

Hopefully whatever the All-Star rules are they followed them and they won't lose eligibility.

It was painful for the rec teams who were drafted to have to play these guys.

They have some amazing talent...but I guess even 12 year old rec baseball is not immune to adults playing the system to win.

10-0 after the first inning...wow, however Lufkin did something to score 6 runs on them.
                            I honestly hate this for LL baseball. If you want to recruit a team to play together then play select, not league.
                            Last edited by JLivi1224; 07-05-2018, 09:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
                              I honestly hate this for LL baseball. If you want to recruit a team to play together then play select, not league.
                              I will be shocked if they don't win it all. I don't even think they will be in a close game.

Comment

Working...
                              X