Front Gate / Entry Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front Gate / Entry Ideas

Anyone care to share what their front entry gate looks like? My wife and I are getting ready to add an entry to our place from the F.M. and are looking for some ideas on what to do for our gate and cattle-guard.

Right now we have an old barbed wire fence along the highway, and looking to replace all of it (around ± 1100 feet of road frontage). Add about an 80' offset from the edge of the highway to the gate so everyone can get off the road with a trailer, etc. and put the much needed cattle-guard in. Also, we want an automatic opener and it seems Apollo is one of the better options out there.

For the highway right of way fence, we are looking at the pipe/sucker rod old standby, but also like the look of the Priefert Ponderosa fencing, which seems like it would have less maintenance. Anyone have any experience with it as well?

Sorry if a similar thread has already been posted, did a search but didn't see much. We've seen quite a bit on Google and what friends, family and neighbors have, but just want to see something unique out there.

Following

Comment

tracking

Comment

+1 on the Apollo. I have plans to go back with drill stem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

There's this post from 2015.

Comment

I would suggest using US Automatic for a gate opener. They use the same actuators that Apollo used to use. Apollo changed, and not for the better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X