No announcement yet.

val verde county

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ill be hunting a ranch between Del Rio and Brackettville nov. 28- dec. 1, is that usually when the rut happens for that area?

Comment

Originally posted by Elite0429 View Post
      ill be hunting a ranch between Del Rio and Brackettville nov. 28- dec. 1, is that usually when the rut happens for that area?

Rut here is usually first or second week of Dec. Today were getting high winds and a cold front coming in, with lows in the 40s tonight. Should help get them feelin a little frisky...

Which Ranch if you don't mind me asking!?

Comment

Up for rut activity......My place was odd over last week

Comment

I ain't seen anything rut related no chasing, and the does still seem real calm at the feeder no response to the rattling horns either or grunt call ..?

Comment

Thanksgiving week

Small bucks were chasing does at all of my feeders and I maintain 6 feeders. Took a super nice heavy 9pt with my 5 year old grandson in the blind with me (I normally don't shoot my buck until after Christmas and he talked me into taking him). Deer are in excellent shape and horns are bigger than normal due to timely rains this summer. Good luck all..........

Comment

Originally posted by Mas View Post
              Small bucks were chasing does at all of my feeders and I maintain 6 feeders. Took a super nice heavy 9pt with my 5 year old grandson in the blind with me (I normally don't shoot my buck until after Christmas and he talked me into taking him). Deer are in excellent shape and horns are bigger than normal due to timely rains this summer. Good luck all..........

What part of Val Verde do u hunt.?

Comment

Up

Comment

up

Comment

Set out yesterday on one of my set ups. No deer spotted. found a bunch of scrapes and a few rubs as I walked in). I also discovered someone has been sitting in my ser up, as they added some brunch to the ground blind. I don't mind or care I just hate to see additional human traffic were I am hunting. On the bright side I did see a hawk flying around in hunt mode. What an awesome sight. The hawk eventually landed with in 15 feet of my set up. Sorry was not able to get a pic

Comment

I went out yesterday as well not much movement got a Huge buck on camera never seen before so so they are cruising hope he comes in after a hot doe this weekend.! Bad pic but u can tell he's a wall hanger for sure.! Gonna try and sit all weekend.!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Good luck getting giving him a dirt nap. Would be a wall hanger for sure from what I am seeing. Do you lease or own a place??

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                          Good luck getting giving him a dirt nap. Would be a wall hanger for sure from what I am seeing. Do you lease or own a place??

No its a buddy I grew up widths ranch and gave me free range to hunt on, keep 1 feeder on it for free hell he's a hell of a guy .!

Comment

Working...
                          X