Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Bowsite

Hows it going Gents,
    I'm currentley shooting a HHA 5519 and I love it,but last year I made a bad shot on the buck in my avatar(hit him very high) and I was able to kill him a day later. The reason for the high hit was he moved closer to me before I released. I was at full draw so having only one pin i had to guess how far to hold under. I quickly saw that a 1 pin sight might not be the best for all hunting situations. So I'm thinking of making a switch after 3 years. Whats y'all input on new sights.
    Thanks,
    BC

Depends on what yardage your pin was set at, and how close he came.

I using a single pin cause all my shots are 25yd or less, so I plan on practicing aiming an few inches low for closer shots.

Comment

To me it is the best. You just need to practice those scenarios. Ive shot singles so long its second nature now without moving it.

Comment

Well there you go......Ragin' said it's the best!!!........lol

Comment

He came in from 38 to 19 yards. My pin was set for just under 40.
          Last edited by bloodycactus; 06-12-2012, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Hell he was too far to begin with!

Comment

Ragin is dead on. I anchor mine in at 30 and know what to do if the target is out to 40 or closer to 20. I am not sure I would ever shoot out to 40 at a Trophy animal, but a big nasty would get shot at out to 60. I love My HHA. Very clear view of you target without out all that horizontal trash in the way. On that for target and 3d I shoot a multiple pin sight, but hunting is HHA all the way.

Comment

I thought this was going to be about a new TBH competitor, and was wondering just why the mods had allowed it to stay up.

site - Computers . Web site.

sight -to direct or aim by a sight or sights, as a firearm (or bow).

And fwiw, my opinion of people who complain about the spelling police is that they are generally undereducated and have way too little of importance going on in their lives. Of course, the latter could be said of people who complain about poor spelling.

Comment

really?

Comment

I love multi pin sights nothing wrong with one pin just not for me 20 30 40 yards work great for me but my longest shot last year was wayyyy out at 12yards lol

Comment

Don't get me wrong peeps I would love for all my shots to be at 20 yards or less, but there are no big trees at my ranch so I'm stuck on the ground. I get alot of practice due to our management program on our 2 ranches(+/-100 deer a year), but I've had this issue before and not pulled the trigger and missed out. I guess its just planted a seed of doubt in my head and I dont know what to do. Thanks for all you guys input!

Comment

Trophy Ridge Mirco Alpa V3 or V5 very accurate and adjustable.

Comment

Axcel armortech 7 pin. Bullet proof in my opinion.

Shoot wherever you are comfortable, whether 80 yards or 2yds. Be careful what distance you say you shoot animals at on here. The yardage police will report you. Haha

Comment

I like my Spot Hog, Hogg It

Comment

spot hogg

Comment

Working...
                              X