X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Artos View Post
    genetics

nutrition

...in that order to reach a deer's individual potential.
    Exactly�� Age is the biggest factor All non native stocked deer and breeding operations are the sole contributor of CWD.
    Last edited by Darton; 03-15-2018, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Darton View Post
      Exactly�� Age is the biggest factor All non native stocked deer and breeding operations are the sole contributor of CWD.
      Thanks, All my deer have been tested and are CWD Free. How about yours?

So, CAN YOU EXPLAIN why this orphaned runt out of my pens is soo much bigger than all these native hill country deer of the same age?
      They all eat the same thing.
      Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by bukkskin View Post

So, CAN YOU EXPLAIN why this orphaned runt out of my pens is soo much bigger than all these native hill country deer of the same age?
        Thanks,
        Has to be that two months he was missing. You never know what could have happened in those 8 weeks.

It's like an origin story for Marvel.

He could have been bitten by a radioactive spider, been kidnapped by a middle eastern terrorist and been forced to build weapons, but instead built his own means of escape... could have been the product of a government testing experiment and been frozen in ice for 70 years... could lead a secret african nation as their king... you just never know with that much of a gap in his timeline.

Comment

Originally posted by Encinal View Post
          Has to be that two months he was missing. You never know what could have happened in those 8 weeks.

It's like an origin story for Marvel.

He could have been bitten by a radioactive spider, been kidnapped by a middle eastern terrorist and been forced to build weapons, but instead built his own means of escape... could have been the product of a government testing experiment and been frozen in ice for 70 years... could lead a secret african nation as their king... you just never know with that much of a gap in his timeline.
          Lol, you might be right
          My money is on the radioactive spider.
          Last edited by bukkskin; 03-15-2018, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Thanks,
            Congrats that is very responsible of you My deer are native so there really isn’t any worry When you introduce different sub species around the US you compromise the local populace’s natural defences. Your runt is not a native sub species of deer. Somewhere along the line your runt was influenced with northern blood line of deer. Argue all you want, deer pens and breeder operations are the sole reason for CWD and it’s spread through the country and it has been proven study after study. Keep in mind I never stated that genetics was never a contributing factor! I just stated the is was not the most important!

Comment

Originally posted by Darton View Post
              Congrats that is very responsible of you My deer are native so there really isn’t any worry When you introduce different sub species around the US you compromise the local populace’s natural defences. Your runt is not a native sub species of deer. Somewhere along the line your runt was influenced with northern blood line of deer. Argue all you want, deer pens and breeder operations are the sole reason for CWD and it’s spread through the country and it has been proven study after study. Keep in mind I never stated that genetics was never a contributing factor! I just stated the is was not the most important!
              Darton, nobody in this thread is talking about CWD. Like I said my deer are clean. We were discussing if genetics or food was more important.
              Now, you claim that my runt is bigger than the natives because he is 1/16th Northern?
              SO, it is Genetics??
              That small percentage of Northern blood has very little to do with it. Now the fact that there has been a Big buck breeding big blooded does in the pens for 25 generations has a lot to do with it.

Comment

Darton, nobody in this thread is talking about CWD. Like I said my deer are clean. We were discussing if genetics or food was more important.

Now, you claim that my runt is bigger than the natives because he is 1/16th Northern?

SO, it is Genetics??

That small percentage of Northern blood has very little to do with it. Now the fact that there has been a Big buck breeding big blooded does in the pens for 25 generations has a lot to do with it.

Whoopdie freakin doo, you have a genetically enhanced runt that is the product of drawn semen, artificial insemination, darts, pens, trailers, chutes, money, and hands.

Native deer get bigger with age, genetics, and nutrition. Your orange doesn’t compare or compete with the native apples.

Comment

Originally posted by Peyton View Post
                  Whoopdie freakin doo, you have a genetically enhanced runt that is the product of drawn semen, artificial insemination, darts, pens, trailers, chutes, money, and hands.

Native deer get bigger with age, genetics, and nutrition. Your orange doesn’t compare or compete with the native apples.
                  So nutrition is last?
                  And I don't AI, my deer have always bred naturally.

And to add, your oranges (south Texas deer) don't compare to the apples (hill country deer).
                  Do you not agree?
                  Last edited by bukkskin; 03-15-2018, 09:59 PM.

Comment

So nutrition is last?

And to add, your oranges (south Texas deer) don't compare to the apples (hill country deer).
                    Do you not agree?
                    I just want to know what happened during the 8 weeks.

Is he a clone? A long lost twin? Did his wife marry his best friend thinking that he was dead, and now has to choose between the one she married or the one she loves... but she loves them both!

The possibilities...

Comment

So nutrition is last?

Do you not agree?

Congrats on the big released buck. Of course genetics are the biggest factor in your example.

In a native population, age is the easiest factor to control. The native genetics have a huge effect on buck’s potential. Nutrition is important and allows deer to express their best version of themselves whether it be a buck or doe. Without luck it is almost impossible to improve native deer without addressing all three factors. They’re all important, unless you cut the corner

Comment

Congrats on the big released buck. Of course genetics are the biggest factor in your example.

In a native population, age is the easiest factor to control. The native genetics have a huge effect on buck’s potential. Nutrition is important and allows deer to express their best version of themselves whether it be a buck or doe. Without luck it is almost impossible to improve native deer without addressing all three factors. They’re all important, unless you cut the corner
                        Dude... its a pet chill out.

The argument misses the point.

Of course the biggest animals of any subset with equal nutrition and age are going to be sorted primarily by their genetic ability to grow antlers...

I mean... duh...

put 10 same aged clones out there of the same deer and feed them different... guess what...

Put 10 different aged clones out there with the same food... Guess what...

Comment

Thanks, he is not even close to my biggest. But he is pretty. I breed for Typicals.
                          Most hill country high fenced ranches will Never catch up with you south Texas high fenced ranches unless they "cut the corner". They simply do not have the genetics. Antlers or body size.
                          Do you think their deer can catch yours?

Comment

Thanks, he is not even close to my biggest. But he is pretty. I breed for Typicals.
                            Most hill country high fenced ranches will Never catch up with you south Texas high fenced ranches unless they "cut the corner". They simply do not have the genetics. Antlers or body size.
                            They were equal before the 30’s...

Comment

You lost me when you “cut the corner”.

Comment

You lost me when you “cut the corner”.
                                Hey buddy, that was your words.
                                My deer are as pure Texas as yours, which aren't!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X