Leon County property

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leon County property

We joined the fight against high speed rail last year.
    Very strange situation. Big city people don’t care about the rail cutting thru generations of family owned ranches. The owners like me are ready to go to war
    Well, yesterday we got an offer for half the property. At 25% of the market price
    A real sketchy offer totally unsolicited. It reeks of shady land grab.

For all those not familiar with the situation, this is a private railroad with no rights of condemnation along a route from Dallas to west of Houston.

Anyone else get an offer like this?

Big pig.

Yes this scares me. Where exactly are you located? I have a place on the west side of 45 between centerville and buffalo. I am hearing more towards Jewett because it has to be a straight shot? I hope everything works out for you and please keep us updated on what you hear. Very disheartening hearing the offer of 25% of market value? W t h?

Comment

Nope. That's messed up.

Comment

Between centerville and buffalo. West side of 45.

Comment

My sister in law out outside of mexia sold a year and a half ago to them. She got a great offer. It may be private but the railroad commission is backing them so it will happen.

Comment

This is nothing more than a land-grab. Always has been. Wouldn’t be a bit surprised if former governor good-hair is starting to see his TTC kickbacks coming in.

Comment

My dad's place is about a mile from where is supposed to go through west of Centerville. He hasn't gotten an offer but his neighbor's have.

Comment

Originally posted by cantexduck View Post
                My sister in law out outside of mexia sold a year and a half ago to them. She got a great offer. It may be private but the railroad commission is backing them so it will happen.
                It will not happen without a fight. We put a lot of blood, sweat and money in our piece of Texas to go out quietly. For all the non landowners who are members here, I bet there are a lot of you who know people or hunt lands along the route that will be affected. Imagine the devaluation of the property for all the counties along the route. And all the hardwood bottoms full of wildlife which will be ruined. For a foreign entity that will eventually need taxpayer money to complete this project.

Big pig

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
                  It will not happen without a fight. We put a lot of blood, sweat and money in our piece of Texas to go out quietly. For all the non landowners who are members here, I bet there are a lot of you who know people or hunt lands along the route that will be affected. Imagine the devaluation of the property for all the counties along the route. And all the hardwood bottoms full of wildlife which will be ruined. For a foreign entity that will eventually need taxpayer money to complete this project.

Big pig
                  I hope people don’t poo-poo this off because it doesn’t immediately effect them. When these rural areas are no longer there to be accessed for hunting or fishing, further driving up the cost of land and leases, while decrying it a rich man’s sport, they’ll wished they’d listened.

Comment

I thought this was a dead issue and was not going to happen? Guess I heard wrong.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

From what I hear that rail IS gonna happen, lots of people selling land in Leon Co. right now.
                      Last edited by bossbowman; 11-14-2017, 11:14 PM.

Comment

corruption at its finest. straight up land grab.

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post

Big pig
                          They will need tax payer money to stay in business. There's no way that project makes money at any point.
                          I feel for.you land owners

Comment

Is there anywhere or anything we can do to wage a protest against this? I just think this is just another political money/land grab that's simply going to favor politicians and their friends, and it's not going to work without tax dollars.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

We have not got an offer however, we are on the west side of 39. I do have family that owns thousands of acres between 39 and 45. It’s a shame what will happen and the offers that come out.

Comment

Working...
                              X