Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Galveston/ crystal beach fishing guide suggestions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Galveston/ crystal beach fishing guide suggestions.

I'll be heading down to crystal beach Labor Day weekend with my family and the in laws. Looking to maybe sneak a fishing trip in, as it'll just be my FIL and I in a house with 5 women lol. Anybody have an good suggestions? Mostly looking to catch reds and trout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watch the tides at rollover and birds in the surf.

Comment

Keith Sullivan! Hands down. Went out with him last weekend. You will not find a nicer guy on the water!

Comment

Coy Witherspoon
        John Havens
        Blake Santor
        Steve Coffee

If I was in town I would take you out, but I would recommend those to anyone looking t catch some fish and have a good time. They will also explain why they are fishing certain areas, what to look for and different techniques.

Comment

I went with captain Cody. Goes by CaptainC on here. We had a good time. Lots of fish caught. I am planning on booking again with him shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by quackerback View Post
            I went with captain Cody. Goes by CaptainC on here. We had a good time. Lots of fish caught. I am planning on booking again with him shortly.
            I'm waiting on the Tarpon to come into town and hopefully going with CaptainC.. Was a super cool guy when I talked to him so I'm quite excited about the trip.

Comment

Jim West

Comment

Take your bass rig and a cast net for the days you don't fish with a guide. We fished in the surf at crystal beach a week ago and caught all kinds of stuff on 3-4" live mullet under popping corks. Caught trout early and late on the 2 clam days we had. Rest of the time blacktips up to 3' were pretty steady... a few hammerheads too.

Sharks are a BLAST on light tackle. Be sure to use steel leaders!

Comment

I am headed down late august for about 4 days. would love to catch a few in the surf. never have wet a hood in salt water. in for some tips!

Comment

Capt Brian Fischer
                    409-656-5765

Comment

LG Boyd in Galveston. Son of a gun is always on the fish.

Comment

Blake Sartor, friend and he's fished with a few of us on TBH multiple times.

He's on fish I've been talking to him the last couple of weeks. 832-385-2012

Comment

Originally posted by jbhlsu View Post
                          Jim West
                          This!

Comment

Thank everybody for the suggestion. I'll be looking into booking something next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Dustinmcnutt View Post
                              Thank everybody for the suggestion. I'll be looking into booking something next week.

Good luck.
                              Some Captains are booked several weeks in advance, especially holiday wknds.

Comment

Working...
                              X