Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happened to ...

Little boys having boys haircuts???

On a short vacation and seems like when head closer to bigger towns you see quite a few elementary age boys with hair down below their shoulders.

Do schools not require haircuts anymore? Parents blow the haircut money on select sports? What’s the deal?

Not sure. My wife's cousins has a little boy with long hair. Every time I see them I tell her what a cute little girl she has.

Comment

What happened to ...

Perhaps they’re in training to attend San Angelo ISD?

Last edited by Fishndude; 03-15-2018, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Isn't this a middle school/ high school phase for most guys? My hair was long in high school, I just happened to grow a fro instead of it being straight down though lol

Also, I'm sure you guys saw plenty of rat tails and mullets back in the day. Now it's the man bun on the kids I bet. I work in the Houston Heights, a yuppie neighborhood like most of you would call it and its stuff I've seen forever.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
            Perhaps they’re in training to attend San Angelo ISD?

Bam!!!

Comment

The hair doesn't make or break the kid. The inside matters much more than the outside.

Comment

Society as a whole has feminized men and called it culture. At the same time women are becoming more butch. Call me old fashioned but I still favor the patriarchy in a gender binary world

Comment

My sophomore son has been growing his hair out, it's not quite shoulder length but it's long. Most adults give him a hard time about it and he takes it in stride. Some of his friends too, mostly girls as they are running their fingers through his hair. He was even addressed as ma'am by a waiter at a restaurant in front of several of his friends. He still wears it long. His grades are mostly A's with an occasional B. He plays football and basketball, keeps the stats for the baseball team, he's well on his way to Eagle Scout, and he's well liked by his peers. Keep it up young man! You do all the good and I could care less how you wear your hair! Although, I am one of the adults that gives him a hard time about. It's the dad thing to do!

Comment

That one was of the biggest differences that I noticed when I moved from north Arkansas to Texas..... Grown men getting offended about other men’s hairstyles.

Long hair and beards were always accepted here, but it was “disrespectful” a little further southwest. It bothers the straight laced.
                    Last edited by Razrbk89; 03-16-2018, 01:00 AM.

Comment

I don't have ridiculously long hair but it's not short my any means. I don't like getting haircuts. Nobody says anything about it. I can't say I'd care if they did because I wouldn't. If I had to get it cut for work I'd probably.....ask myself how much I really like that job.

Comment

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

The long hair deal been going on since the 60s most of you on here had long hair at one time. Then you grow up and cut it. I didn't say that you need to act mature

Comment

Never had long hair, never wanted long hair. Too dang hot in Texas maybe if I lived in Alaska

Comment

Originally posted by dphillips62 View Post
                              Never had long hair, never wanted long hair. Too dang hot in Texas maybe if I lived in Alaska
                              I lived in Alaska when I was young, still kept my hair very short.

Comment

Working...
                              X