Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

History buffs - set your DVRs for this one!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

History buffs - set your DVRs for this one!

This new History Channel documentary looks really good. It's a 3 part series that starts Monday night. It tells the story of 3 decades of world war through the eyes of the men who held the fate of humankind in their hands - men like Roosevelt, Hitler, Patton, Mussolini, Churchill, Tojo, de Gaulle and MacArthur.
    The series examines WWI and WWII as one continuous timeline from 1914 to 1945 with these unique individuals coming of age on the battlefield before ultimately making some of the toughest decisions in the history of mankind.

Trailers and series information here:
    Watch full episodes of your favorite HISTORY series, and dive into thousands of historical articles and videos. To know History is to know life.

I've been looking forward to this one

Comment

Man I wish we had the DVR thingy. I would really like to watch all of that.

Comment

That will be cool.

Comment

Thanks Jerp... Just set the DVR.

Comment

Sounds pretty cool

Comment

Been looking forward to this!

Comment

Thanks Jerp. I did not know that was coming up.

Comment

Thanks Jerp...I just checked my calendar and already had it marked to record these, but I had forgotten about it. Thanks for the reminder.

Along the same lines, Ken Follett (author of "The Pillars of the Earth") has written a trilogy that covers 1912 through the cold war. It's called the Century Trilogy and the third book (covering the period from the end of WWII through the cold war) will be out this September. The series follows three generations of five different families (German, Russian, American, and two Welsh) through the entire era. I highly recommend it and am looking forward to the third book.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                    I've been looking forward to this one
                    I have as well!

Comment

The World Wars

Recording this one for sure. Saw the previews for it a couple of weeks ago.

Comment

DVR is set....Thanks for the info....We need more of this....It seems that some wanna erase history....

Comment

Should be good... Did anyone catch United States of secrets the last 2 weeks on Frontline?

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                            This new History Channel documentary looks really good. It's a 3 part series that starts Monday night. It tells the story of 3 decades of world war through the eyes of the men who held the fate of humankind in their hands - men like Roosevelt, Hitler, Patton, Mussolini, Churchill, Tojo, de Gaulle and MacArthur.

The series examines WWI and WWII as one continuous timeline from 1914 to 1945 with these unique individuals coming of age on the battlefield before ultimately making some of the toughest decisions in the history of mankind.

Trailers and series information here:

http://www.history.com/

I caught the *** end of a commercial for it last night. Gotta dvr that!!!

Comment

Been looking forward to this.

Comment

Working...
                              X