sighting in an ar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sighting in an ar

How high should I set the cross hairs shooting at 50 yards to be dead on at 100 yards . Only have a 50 yard range to shot at.

zero at 50 and you should be dam close at 100

Comment

This thread should give some good info, sierracharlie is right, not much

Comment

Originally posted by trouttracker View Post
        How high should I set the cross hairs shooting at 50 yards to be dead on at 100 yards . Only have a 50 yard range to shot at.
        Dead on at 200. 1” high at 100...I prefer this.

Comment

Be spot on at 25yds and that will get you in the BE at 100

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
            Be spot on at 25yds and that will get you in the BE at 100
            This is military field zeroing common practice and it works well enough.

Obviously each round will differ a little, but according to a ballistic chart you should aim approx 1/4 inch high and 50yds with point of impact being bull

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

You'll need to know your scope height

Comment

Holler at me if you want to go out to Greenwood Gun Club sometime.
                I'm a member and can take guests with me. You can shoot from 50 to 600 yds out there.

Comment

Zero and AR at 50. You'll be dead on at 50, of course, about 1.4" high (depending on a couple of factors) at 100 and dead on again at 200 yards so, out to about 250 yards, you can pretty much hold on your crosshairs and hit your target for a kill shot. Just my .02.

Comment

The bullet is still rising at 50 yards. Depending on your scope height, an inch or two low at 50 should* be on at 100.

Comment

Working...
                    X