• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I fake it everyday

Comment

36 years of IT bliss!

Started in 1983 on 8086 Unix systems
      Forced to support Windows, Novell, Banyan Vines, OS/2 and Apple during the mid 90s mixed with Unix (Xenix, CTOS & Solaris).

Networks were once old X.25 framed networks to IP 4 & 6 now (pre & post Internet)

I've worked in military classified system NOCs, Fortune 100 (Charles Schwab IT Director) & INC. 500 data centers. Consulted a few gigs along the way...Dell, Toshiba & Phillips Medical as well as gigs around San Antonio for small to medium businesses.'

Held IT Manager, IT Director, Sysadmin, Network Admin, Security Officer and Network engineer titles as well. Titles don't mean squat.....stick time in the trenches sitting in the hot seat does!

Seen a lot through these years. Been a fun as heck ride too!

I'm charged with overseeing an INC. 500 firm now, with multiple locations throughout Texas with a fleet of 60 plus mobile workforce. 140 folks in the firm, scattered around Texas. I just hired IT number two, last May. Been holding this gig down single handily for roughly 5 years before I finally had to hire some help. We coined a bit over 20 million last year. Virtualized this place around 3 years ago...and ripped out an old Shoretel VoIP infrastructure, replacing it all with Cisco Business Edition 6000.

Here's what we are powered by....ask questions if anyone is interested in knowing something along these solution lines.

* Wireless fleet services management via mobility solutions from Trimble Nav & AT&T 4gLTE
      * VMware ESXi 5.5
      * Sage MAS ERP 2013
      * Ascent-sys MyTech Field Management
      * Sage Time & Attendance
      * FusionRMS Retail Management Systems
      * Sage HRMS
      * Scanco Warehouse Automation
      * ASG-Cypress Document management
      * Cisco VoIP - Business Edition 6000
      * Microsoft Technologies
      * Watchguard Technologies
      * FreshDesk
      * TimeWarner & AT&T FDDI Ethernet, PRI & MPLS
      * PDA - Samsung, Macintosh, Microsoft & HP
      * Apple Technologies
      * HP Servers & Tablets
      * Cisco Servers
      * Trend Micro
      * Barracuda Networks
      * Wyse
      * EMC SAN & LUN
      * Remote Access & Remote Management
      * InfoSec
      * B2B Portals
      * Web & Ecommerce
      * Cisco Routers, PoE Switches, APs, Firewalls
      * Canon MFPs & WIFI Mobile Print solutions
      Last edited by AtTheWall; 02-25-2016, 01:17 PM.

Comment

40+ years. DOS, POWER/VS, JES2, MVS, Win-x, Novell, MS, LAN/WAN, Voice ... got the gray hairs to prove it too. And yes, COBOL counts, just as much as PL1 and Assembler!

Comment

IT director for Hico ISD and do alot of computer side jobs for businesses/community

Comment

Former sales for LEO eCitation and crash reporting software.

Comment

30+ years in electronics R&D, semiconductor R&D, software development and now mechanical engineering outsourced product development. All in business development, sales and marketing. I co-founded a startup developing a hw/sw product that raised $15 million before it crashed in Q4 of 2008, it was ugly.

Comment

I'm at the bottom of the IT ladder. I get the calls at 2am saying this **** computer won't do anything. Drive to the hospital and show nurse where the numbers lock is and go back home.

Comment

I hotwired an etch-a-sketch to a toaster oven and old flip phone once and got to talk dead Ronald Reagon for 35 minutes before my dog jumped in my lap and shook the screen.

Comment

Systems Admin / Networking at a pretty big school district - been in IT since I graduated college in 99.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                      I hotwired an etch-a-sketch to a toaster oven and old flip phone once and got to talk dead Ronald Reagon for 35 minutes before my dog jumped in my lap and shook the screen.
                      Too bad I already got the patent on that!
                      PM from my lawyer sent

Comment

30+ years. IT Director last 7 years. I say it is my karma for not going to college. You always have to learn, study, and read. You can know everything today about your environment but tomorrow they release a new version and it's back to learning.

Comment

This thread be like:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpMvS1Q1sos"]"Weird Al" Yankovic - It's All About The Pentiums - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Been at it for 20 years now.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                              Weren't you trying to build a clock though?

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                                Too bad I already got the patent on that!
                                PM from my lawyer sent
                                I burned my hand on the toaster and got sand in my eyes..
                                PM sent from my lawyers!

Comment

Working...
                                X