Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joel View Post
    Thanks for the info,
    I’m going to take them to Leading Edge Archery in Bourne and have them look at them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another idea is to put a small washer between the head and the shaft. Try taking one off another head and test it

Comment

Where is the little collars that come in the pack? Mine have little collars that slide on the threaded shaft, the blades bottom out on them.

Comment

[ATTACH]916324[/ATTACH]

Need this spacer or collar.
        Last edited by Radar; 06-05-2019, 04:53 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=muddyfuzzy;13494084]Just looking at your pic and the ferrule ring is not seated against the rear of the blades. That’s definitely why they are loose and making noise. Find our why.

^Doesn’t look square with the insert and the washer is missing.

Comment

[quote=clffrdfdge;13494817]
            Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
            Just looking at your pic and the ferrule ring is not seated against the rear of the blades. That’s definitely why they are loose and making noise. Find our why.

^Doesn’t look square with the insert and the washer is missing.
            No, the ring/washer is installed in his pic. Its just not seated properly.

Comment

[quote=muddyfuzzy;13494911]
              Originally posted by clffrdfdge View Post

No, the ring/washer is installed in his pic. Its just not seated properly.
              Needs two rings for that style of ferrule.

Comment

O-ring maybe???

Comment

cheap route, go on line an order a neoprene washer the size you need to act as a spacer.

Get the best deals on Industrial Hardware Washers when you shop the largest online selection at eBay.com. Free shipping on many items | Browse your favorite brands | affordable prices.

or get some cork gasket material and run the head through it into the insert and trim it with a razor blade.
                  Last edited by Still Hunter; 07-19-2018, 11:49 AM.

Comment

At one point there were some adapters available, I use them on my FMJs. They are a spacer ring that adds a bit of material on the end of the arrow as well as adapt to the diameter of the arrow. But I don't see them on the Slick Trick website.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                      At one point there were some adapters available, I use them on my FMJs. They are a spacer ring that adds a bit of material on the end of the arrow as well as adapt to the diameter of the arrow. But I don't see them on the Slick Trick website.
                      I looked too. The problem with using a rubber o ring or plastic washer is the broad head wont be seated hard against a shoulder. I tried the o ring deal and when I put the arrow in the run out gage the broad head wobbled bad.

Comment

I found them, they are made by Easton.

Comment

Thanks for all the information but I finally figured out what happened. It seems that the five broadheads on the quiver from my old hunting bow developed rust on the area of the ferrule where the blades seat onto the ferrule. These where new broadheads so I assumed that the broadhead was not the problem....never assume . All five new broadheads where rusty! my only consolation on the slick tricks is that even though they where not seating properly they still shot bull eyes at 25 and 35.

Thanks again to all that helped me out.

Comment

Simple solution, use O-ring washers. They've been used for broadhead tuning since before I got into archery (I've used them for nearly 30 years)

Comment

I have had to add a chamfer to the ID of the insert or BAR ring to get mine to seat properly. It's usually because the sharp edge contacts the inner radius of the shoulder. However, it is nice you can do this with this style of broadhead. I cannot eliminate the rattle/wiggle of the bleederblades on my Magnus Stingers.

Comment

Working...
                              X