F250 6.2 liter 4x4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F250 6.2 liter 4x4

How y'all the have bought the gas 6.2 liter in the f250 liking the. Drove one today. Sure did like. Will get up and run surprisingly good. What mileage everyone getting. Probably fixing the pull the string on a new one. What's your like and dislikes.

Get a diesel...

Comment

I got one and love it. Gas mileage avg is 13mpg

Comment

The diesel is not needed in the least bit unless you haul heavy constantly. Like 15k lbs and up constantly. Even towing 12-15k I’d still consider it, if I didn’t want the headache of a diesel. I’ve got a 17 6.7 F350 diesel, and I wouldn’t hesitate to buy a new 6.2. They’re a very stout and dependable motor. You may not make the passes with a trailer at 80 mph (like I tend to do), but you’ll still make them without issue.

Do yourself a favor thoughif it’ll spend any considerable amount of time with a trailer. Get the 4.30 gears.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
          The diesel is not needed in the least bit unless you haul heavy constantly. Like 15k lbs and up constantly. Even towing 12-15k I’d still consider it, if I didn’t want the headache of a diesel. I’ve got a 17 6.7 F350 diesel, and I wouldn’t hesitate to buy a new 6.2. They’re a very stout and dependable motor. You may not make the passes with a trailer at 80 mph (like I tend to do), but you’ll still make them without issue.

Do yourself a favor thoughif it’ll spend any considerable amount of time with a trailer. Get the 4.30 gears.
          x2. Diesel ain't "cool" anymore.

For the OP: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum206/

Comment

I'd rather buy a pre owned 6.7 Diesel than a gasser

Comment

we like ours, pulls our horse trailer just fine. Fuel mileage does suck pulling trailer, 9 mpg, but the math never worked out for me to justify the initial cost, upkeep, and eventual repairs on a diesel. Also I factored in that the higher cost of diesel with the initial cost and I would never recoup the difference in mpg alone.......and I got a heck of a deal on the gas truck new, I'm in a horse area and almost all they sell are diesels which makes sense because a lot of the people, trainers, travel all over the country to shows. If I were pulling large trailers up and down the highway all the time I would have a diesel, for the occasional times we go distances, couple times a year, it's not worth it. I'm keeping gas even to pull toy hauler 5th wheel since we will only take it a few times a year and it will be parked for a couple of weeks on vacations or hunting.

Comment

I have a 2015 6.2 and have no regrets. Mileage is about 13 back and fourth to town and taking the kid to school. We have a 31ft TT that we pull to the coast a couple times a year and mileage is about 9 plugging it.

Comment

Just pulling my 6000 lb travel trailer, 18 ft boat and 12 ft utility trailer to the lease. Just can't see spending the extra on a diesel. If I pulled more yes. These 6.2 will get up and run. Impressive for a 3/4 ton. My 5.3 GMC with 180,000 miles on it ain't cutting it.

Comment

I bought my first Ford with a 6.2 in 2011, F250 4 dr 4x4 3.73 re, and at 126k, it’s still going strong. I bought a second in 2013 for a work truck, 2011 F350 xcab 4x4 flatbed 4.30 re, and at 110k, it’s still going strong too. I pull with both but use the flatbed most for heavier hauling. I’ve hauled my 13k skid steer and 15 rolls of hay with both, and both handled the loads fine.

That being said, I’ve owned several diesel Fords since 1994, and I can’t see myself ever owning another one.

Comment

The gas engine is a good one. Do yourself a favor and don't concern yourself with fuel mileage. It's a truck, its meant to get 5 mpg (Only a little sarcastic). Anything better is icing on the cake.

If its priced right, rides nice, looks good, is comfortable, and will pull what you need, who cares about the rest.

Comment

Any modern 3/4 ton gasser will pull more that most people ever need and cost alot less. The trade off is gas mileage. If you like the truck I wouldn't be scared at all of the 6.2.

Comment

the people that I know who had/have them liked them but all of them said they weren't a diesel.

I drive a lot of miles....often 200-300 a day round trip. a lot easier to do in a diesel and the extra 2-3 mpg I get in the diesel adds up. I bought mine in mid Sept. of this year and have 17k on the odo

the diesel moves effortlessly down the road. Yes it costs more upfront but......

Resale is ALOT better on a diesel than a gas motor. I trade out vehicles every 2-4 years and a used diesel, even high mileage, is always going to be more in demand than a gasser unless you plan on keeping it till the wheels fall off. and if you do pull heavier trailers regularly the diesel will hold up better in the long run

that being said, I got a 2017 lariat superduty, and I love it. I liked my couple of 1/2 ton gas trucks, but I LOVE this truck. its a beast.

FYI.....if you do buy a new truck...upgrade the tires. These heavy trucks don't do worth a flip in the mud with street tires. and by mud I mean any miniscule amount of wet soil
                          Last edited by txtrophy85; 12-21-2017, 08:33 AM.

Comment

If you never had a diesel, it will be a great truck for you and you will love it. If you had a diesel before it will be an OK truck for you. You will average 12 mpg +/- .5.

Comment

all we run in our fleet of landscape trucks is ford 3/4 and 1 ton gassers. very few problems. I do have to say though, when I get in the bosses 1 ton diesel and hook up to one of our trailers with a load, I almost can't even tell I am pulling anything. compared to the gassers, you know something is dragging behind you. other than that though there is no complaints on my part concerning the gassers.

Comment

Working...
                              X