Old dogs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old dogs?

You guys that have older dogs, do you give any supplements to battle the "aging process" like having trouble getting up off the floor or trying to jump? I have 13 year old aussie and 9 year old aussie. Both getting a little slower and creaky. Tumeric? Glucosamine? Anything else? Brother gives his lubrisyn, i think.

I've been thinking about adding a glucosamine supplement. Got a mix that is half lab half what got over the fence.

She plays with our other pup who's 2. Ended up giving her a vetprophen the other day that played so hard.

Comment

I grind fish and meat processing scraps into grain free food.

Comment

Synovi G4 has been a miracle for our 11 year old golden

Comment

I give my senior pups dasaquin - it has glucosamine, msm, and some other joint support supplements. I also give my husky denosyl for her liver.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Old dogs?

Wow! Never heard of any of that stuff for dogs! I have a 17yo chihuahua. She just sits around, eats, and poops. I don’t give her anything but dog food and water. Well, that’s not true. She loves popcorn!! I also have a 4 month old JRT that is a crazy SOB. The chihuahua can’t stand him. She barks at him when he gets close and runs for cover!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Take a look at the zoom dog products. Ive got one that itches, and one thats a midget who has joint issues. I feed the Itchy Dog supplement to one, and the standard Zoom Dog chewable to thd other. I swear it makes a difference, especially with the itching.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Feed my 11 year old Lab Purina One Vibrant Maturity, (has Glucosamine in it) and give her one tablet each day. Sometimes she spits it out on the side of her bowl so I just put it back in the next day. Been using supplement for over 2 years and notices a HUGE impact on her mobility. Still slow sometimes, but most often, has a much easier time with getting up and down. I buy this: Glucosamine Chondroitin, Triple Strength 750/600 per tablet at
                Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B010OA9UJM...v_ov_lig_dp_it

Comment

meds

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post

Jeff where can I find this?

Comment

I've got a 12yr old Heeler with aches and pains, hurts him to get up or down. I've used EXTEND joint care for 3 months and he's getting around better, no longer moaning getting up and down. I think it's helped him a lot, only thing I've noticed is that he drinks a lot more water since being on it, not sure but it may have a dehydrating effect.

Comment

We used to give our lab glucosamine and it worked great for his joints

Comment

Our one dog is a 9 year old mixed breed, back around 2015 he tore his ACL (or whatever it is on dogs) and we couldn't afford the surgery at the time. The vet put him on Glucosamine and it eventually healed to where he can run and do dog things. He has been taking it ever since and motors around fine these days.

Comment

Rimadyl was a miracle drug for my 12 year old lab. Started giving her 1/2 pill mornings and other half at night when she was 9... I guarantee you it put a couple extra good years on her.

Comment

I am giving my lab Cosequin DS and a small 81MG baby aspirin each day....Been on it 4 weeks and he loves the chews. He looks to be limping slightly less and recovering a little better

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                              Jeff: What website did you find to have the best price on this?

Comment

Working...
                              X