38 Special Hammerless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

38 Special Hammerless

I'm going to buy my wife a 38 Special hammerless revovler. Looking for any recommendations. This will mainly be carried as a purse gun. She also wants one with a laser on it. Thanks for the input.

S&W 442 or 642

Comment

I have a S&W 642 Airweight with a grip crimson trace laser on it. I like it, although the trigger lacks a lot to be desired. Definitely a point and pull the long hard trigger kind of gun.

Comment

I'm a big fan of the Ruger LCR. Much smoother trigger than others I've shot and super light with the polymer frame.

Comment

I like the Ruger LCR. Don't have a laser but it has a nice hogue grip that comes on it. Really feels nice and easy to shoot.

Comment

S&W in stainless. My wife and daughter both carry these with +P hornady critical defense loads. Great carry guns with nothing to fail or jam. Point and shoot.

Comment

My wife carries a 38spl SW hammerless airweight...featherweight...whatever. Point and shoot. The trigger is a loooong booger as mentioned before. Its easy to push the pistol at the end of the trigger stroke and miss at 10 yds on a man sized target. Seen plenty of the family ladies do it. I do it. Regardless I am a big fan of the less moving parts the mo betta.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck-N-Rut View Post
                I like the Ruger LCR. Don't have a laser but it has a nice hogue grip that comes on it. Really feels nice and easy to shoot.
                Light and very concealable......but painful to shoot.

Comment

I have a 640 and love it. I do not like the airlight frames, give me a steel frame revolver.
                  The recoil is much easier on the 640. More expensive but a much nicer revolver.

Comment

I suggest a 357 since it will also shoot 38 special loads

love my Ruger SP101 ... https://www.gunbroker.com/item/752425192

Comment

I had a S&W 642 for a long time. Wish I still had it. Great little gun.

Comment

Originally posted by cwill View Post
                        I'm a big fan of the Ruger LCR. Much smoother trigger than others I've shot and super light with the polymer frame.
                        I have two of these.. Love them.. one for in the truck and one under my pillow....

Comment

I own both the both the SW 642 and Ruger LCR and from a "shooter" perspective I like the LCR better but I find the 642 easier to pocket carry.

For a "purse gun" I would consider the sp101 as mentioned above or the 3" LCR. Both have hammers but they are both easier to handle than the short, light guns.

Comment

Lots of good info. I'm probably going to end up buying a Ruger. I looked at the Charter Arms also. Anyone have any experience with them compared to the Ruger.

Comment

I know it’s relatively new but does anyone have much experience with the Kimber K6S?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X