Tuning a gas block?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuning a gas block?

How to do it? 18 inch oden works barrel and adjustable gas block...

I want 1.reliable cycling 2. Best accuracy 3. Softest shooting

What's y'all's process?

Are you shooting suppressed? Regardless, you need to adjust it down, with the ammo that you are going to use most of the time, until the bolt doesn't lock open on an empty mag. Then open it little by little until it does lock open. Open just a little more to allow reliability, and you're set. If you change ammo, you will have to start over.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
      Are you shooting suppressed? Regardless, you need to adjust it down, with the ammo that you are going to use most of the time, until the bolt doesn't lock open on an empty mag. Then open it little by little until it does lock open. Open just a little more to allow reliability, and you're set. If you change ammo, you will have to start over.
      We could end the thread right here.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
        +1

But I wanted to chime in too

Comment

what they said....3

Comment

I have learned something useful!

Comment

Doesn't the position of the spent casing help fall into bolt lock...I recall something about having the spent casings at 3 O'clock is ideal. If there spent at 1-2 it could be adjusted a little week & 4-5 a little overgassed.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                yep

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                  This.
                  So, just load one round in the mag each shot so you can see if it locks back.
                  I go from completely closed and open it up after each shot.
                  If it's a gun that I'm going to shoot multiple brands of ammos through, I tune it to the weakest one. For example, I shoot both subs and supers through my 300blk so I tune it to the subs.

Comment

Originally posted by ahlongslide View Post
                    This.

So, just load one round in the mag each shot so you can see if it locks back.

I go from completely closed and open it up after each shot.

If it's a gun that I'm going to shoot multiple brands of ammos through, I tune it to the weakest one. For example, I shoot both subs and supers through my 300blk so I tune it to the subs.
                    Thanks been thinking about doing this and wondering how

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Comment

Hope this helps.
                      Last edited by RifleBowPistol; 05-25-2019, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X