Auction for Cali fire relief

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auction for Cali fire relief

This thread was approved by Mary and Michael. Thank you and God bless Texas.

The fires are devastating this year in northern California. The Carr fire near Redding and Mendocino Complex fire near Clear Lake have destroyed countless homes. Countless lives changed. Good people, rural areas.

I am auctioning off the ultimate man cave/ bar/ collector item. An item I doubt you’ll find, especially in new condition.

Imagine having the control module from a Bradley Fighting Vehicle controlling:

- 25 mm gun
    - 7.62mm machine gun
    - TOW anti tank weapon
    - Grenade launcher
    - Mine Countermeasures Device (MCD)
    - Turret drive

All of the switches have different types of safety lockouts. Control box only- no electronics inside- and obviously I can’t possess a 7.62 machine gun in CA!

Second, it the FLIR (forward looking infra red) control unit.

There is 1 switch missing on the fire control unit- I assume one could be switched from the FLIR if you want to.

I want the winning bidder to pick the charity and mail a check directly- The Red Cross is default, but I would prefer a donation to a local church raising money for affected people. You pick the denomination, I can help you find a church accepting donations. Alternately, the donation can go to a fund for the firefighters who have died.

Let’s end the auction on Sunday August 19 at 8:00pm. I’ll pay shipping which will probably be around $50.00, so I’ll start the bidding at $50.00.

Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$100

Comment

Can you imagine the look on the local inspection guy face when he pulls your vehicle into the bay, priceless to video.

Comment

No, but priceless.
        Bump Tuesday am.

Comment

Comment

I see the pattern...double the previous bid.

$400

Comment

Thank you for your generosity

Comment

Wed am bump.

Comment

ttt for a great cause. Thanks for doing this Bill.

Comment

You’re welcome.
                    Thursday am bump.

Comment

That's one of the coolest things I've seen in a long time. Kudos for doing this and good luck with the auction.

Comment

You folks are making this too easy. Maybe folks are waiting until payday tomorrow...

Going to look pretty sweet on my desk. Plus, can't wait to see people's reactions after I wire up some lights and the arm weapons light goes green when I start to get annoyed.

Comment

Maybe they’re all lurking and the bidding action starts on Sunday?

Comment

Ends 8:00pm CST to clarify

Comment

Morning bump.

When I saw this map showing the size of the fire being larger than San Francisco 100 miles south, it got me wondering where would all the liberals flee to?

Comment

Working...
                              X