Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
    Fake News at its finest. NFL is thriving :
    Ha, why didnt you post the link to the article? Why only quote one paragraph? You cherry picked literally the one paragraph (the last paragraph of the entire article) that supports your point of view, kinda. The title of the article that you quoted is "NFL TV Ratings Down Roughly 10% From Last Season". And then want to whine about fake news.

The first 2 paragraphs to the Sports Illustrated article you quoted are -

Overall NFL ratings for this season dropped by 9.7% compared to last season, according to data released by Nielsen on Thursday. This represents and even bigger slide than the 8% dip in ratings from 2015 to 2016.

Virtually every noteworthy NFL game program saw its viewership decline. NBC's Sunday Night Football dropped from 20.323 million to 18.175 million, ESPN's Monday Night Football from 11.390 million to 10.757 million and Thursday Night Football (which aired on NFL Network as well as CBS or FOX) from 12.438 million to 10.937 million.

In my best Keyshaun voice, C'mon main
    Last edited by batmaninja; 07-20-2018, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
      Ha, why didnt you post the link to the article? Why only quote one paragraph? You cherry picked literally the one paragraph (the last paragraph of the entire article) that supports your point of view, kinda. The title of the article that you quoted is "NFL TV Ratings Down Roughly 10% From Last Season". And then want to whine about fake news.

The first 2 paragraphs to the Sports Illustrated article you quoted are -

Overall NFL ratings for this season dropped by 9.7% compared to last season, according to data released by Nielsen on Thursday. This represents and even bigger slide than the 8% dip in ratings from 2015 to 2016.

Virtually every noteworthy NFL game program saw its viewership decline. NBC's Sunday Night Football dropped from 20.323 million to 18.175 million, ESPN's Monday Night Football from 11.390 million to 10.757 million and Thursday Night Football (which aired on NFL Network as well as CBS or FOX) from 12.438 million to 10.937 million.

In my best Keyshaun voice, C'mon main
      It's called click bait - that was the entire point of the post. See a headline and react. That is Fake News at its finest.

In context and comparing the rest of Television.

THE NFL IS WINNING

Comment

Fake News at its finest. NFL is thriving :
        THE NFL IS WINNING
        Thriving like Krapernicks career!
        Attached Files

Comment

Now compare it to the rest of television - It's called context ... I believe in you.

37 of the top 50 programs last year ...

Comment

NFL is thriving :
            You want to talk about fake news, but quote one paragraph out of an Article that is literally titled - NFL TV Ratings Down Roughly 10% From Last Season. That isnt exactly the definition of thriving.

If you are on a ship, and it is sinking. But sinking more slowly than the sinking ships around you. Would you consider the slower sinking ship to be, uhhhhh, thriving?

I pride myself on not being a hypocrite,.
            Gosh dog it, reading back through this thread, is comedy gold. Most of your posts are really, keep it up please. You have brightened by Friday all ready.

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
              You want to talk about fake news, but quote one paragraph out of an Article that is literally titled - NFL TV Ratings Down Roughly 10% From Last Season. That isnt exactly the definition of thriving.

If you are on a ship, and it is sinking. But sinking more slowly than the sinking ships around you. Would you consider the slower sinking ship to be, uhhhhh, thriving?

Gosh dog it, reading back through this thread, is comedy gold. Most of your posts are really, keep it up please. You have brightened by Friday all ready.
              The entire point is that there is literally one paragraph in an entire article that exposes the actual truth. The headline draws you in, and then the very last paragraph is the only one that relays any sort of balance. I highlighted that paragraph as a point that you keep pointing out.

Ratings are down NEARLY 10%. That is ONE fact.

37 of the top 50 watched television shows is also a fact.

Please show the drop in ALL of television ratings.

Show the whole story / not the narrative.

Comment

Regardless if the NFL is “tanking” or not, they have a big mess on their hands. They just suspended the new anthem policy (which I thought was a chicken s way to address the problem in the first place) and now they are going to try and figure out what to do about it. They can risk further viewership decline by allowing protests, or they can enforce a Stand for the Anthem type policy and make the players mad. It’s unfortunate that Bob McNair got blasted for saying “the inmates are running the asylum” because that’s basically what is happening (I really think McNair meant it as an analogy and had zero intention of that statement/expression, having anything to do with race).

I still won’t be watching. It will be interesting to see what happens

Comment

Now compare it to the rest of television - It's called context ... I believe in you.

37 of the top 50 programs last year ...
                  That's rather ironic coming from you considering you deemed comparisons and context invalid when talking about Trump.

But I agree with you. I don't think the NFL is tanking. It is becoming increasingly boring though.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                    That's rather ironic coming from you considering you deemed comparisons and context invalid when talking about Trump.

But I agree with you. I don't think the NFL is tanking. It is becoming increasingly boring though.
                    It isn't about the comparison - it is the lack of acknowledgement of one over the other.

Comment

It isn't about the comparison - it is the lack of acknowledgement of one over the other.
                      Exactly!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X