No announcement yet.

Protein time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I keep mine full year round. They hit the protein pretty hard starting early January as they rut pretty hard in December and there's little vegetation for them to eat. Some of my highest consumption months are Jan - March and again July - Sept.

Comment

I feed January through September

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

January to January there will be weeks maybe even a few months it will last longer if the place gets good rain and new growth. We feed it year round to keep them in good shape during and after the rut.

Comment

The thing about feeding is the moma’s have to take care of the babies that draw her down June - October or Nov. then they breed again that’s tough on does. But people don’t want to feed because the want the bucks coming to corn so they can get a shot at them but the corn does not do them much good. I think if you take care of all the heard you will have healthier fawns and bigger bucks in the future. And does that are not so stressed.
          I also think most people’s lease or land don’t have enough minerals and vitamins to grow the deer to their potential or they would not have to feed when it’s green. Deer like to eat young tender vegetation and not so much when it gets up and tough with a good protein they get the vitamins and minerals that they need.

Comment

Originally posted by Bdub25 View Post
            I feed January through September

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there any reason for stopping in September other than saving money?
            Are your protein feeders not near your hunting area?

Comment

Working...
            X