Coon-Proof Protein Feeders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coon-Proof Protein Feeders

Trying to narrow down my protein feeder selection. Dug through a bunch of old threads, not sure if that did more harm than good in helping me make up my mind.

Would like to do free choice during the off-season and timed from sun up to sun down during hunting season to keep them from going nocturnal. Also want to get something that is for the most part coon-proof. Would like to have as many ports as possible to maximize ports to feed from. What's everyone recommend?

Was looking into Krivoman and/or ASF due to the ability to feed both free choice and timed. Also both seem pretty coon-proof. Only downfall I saw to those was only having 3-4 ports for them to feed from.

Also like the HB, Lamco and Texas Hunting Products due to them having 6-8 ports to feed from. Only I wouldn't be able to go timed unless I went the trough route. These seem to be a little more coon-friendly with the flat platforms to sit on. I saw that Lamco has a drop away feeder tray to prevent varmints from getting into the feed but that jacks up the price even higher.

Anyone have positive/negative experience with any of these?
    Last edited by breeds13; 01-29-2021, 03:30 PM.

I have the ASF 2000#, fed 5000# out of it last spring without a single pictures of coons.
    Also have a HB protein feeder. I installed CoonHoods on it.
    The angle of the ports on the ASF keep the coons off and unable to reach the ports. If I was to purchase any other feeder, I would install coonhoods. Well worth the Money. They will pay for themselves the first year.
    The coons would sit on the HB ports and rake out the feed to their little fat friends before we installed the coonhoods.

Comment

I have Coon hoods on my Boss Buck protein feeder and they work great. I believe coon hood now makes a feeder as well.

Comment

I have coon hoods and they work perfectly! Coons cannot get out the feed. Deer don’t mind them at all.

Comment

I've got an ASF 2000 pro evo and have only had pictures of an occasional coon eating for whatever fell on the ground.

Comment

Coon guards help us

Comment

Sorry coon hoods

Comment

Originally posted by Bdub25 View Post
                I have Coon hoods on my Boss Buck protein feeder and they work great. I believe coon hood now makes a feeder as well.
                Coon Hoods on a Boss Buck w/ Hammer Timer.
                Attached Files

Comment

I’ve used the coonhoods and they worked great, I also use trophy feeder 3000lb and they are coonproof, plus using a cell cam on them you can see the protein feed inside to know when it’s time to refill, this feeder is getting low.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Another vote for Coonhoods. Just add them to whatever feeder you get.

Comment

Working...
                    X