Athlon Optics Quality and warranty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking about buying a new spotting scope and curious if any one has an opinion on the quality. Also has anyone used their warranty and how was that in dealing with them.

Thanks

I don’t have one of their spotting scopes but o do have 2 of their rifle scopes.
    The glass quality is every bit as good as the $1200-$1600 HD glass scopes on the market today
    I sold a Zeiss Conquest HD5 to have the funds to buy my 2nd one

Can’t attest to the warranty or dealing with their service dept as mine haven’t had anything wrong with them

Comment

I’m interested in this also. Looking at a couple of their scopes.

Comment

I have the Athlon Cronus and a buddy also has an Athlon and both of us love em

Comment

Originally posted by K. Lane View Post
          I don’t have one of their spotting scopes but o do have 2 of their rifle scopes.
          The glass quality is every bit as good as the $1200-$1600 HD glass scopes on the market today
          I sold a Zeiss Conquest HD5 to have the funds to buy my 2nd one

Can’t attest to the warranty or dealing with their service dept as mine haven’t had anything wrong with them
          Exact same thing here except I didn't sell my Zeiss. Great scope.

Comment

Athlon is quality !
            Been looking through them for a while now.
            Excellent customer service.
            Clearest glass under $1,000

Comment

I’ve got two riflescopes and a Cabela’s branded spotter made by Athlon. All have been great for the past few years. Both scopes have tracked well past 1000 yards and back with no issue returning to zero. The spotter has seen a ton of use at the range, on camping trips and as a telescope for stargazing. Glass is clear and I don’t have much issue being able to see detail when I need to. I don’t have much to compare it to other than a couple buddies $200-$400 spotters and the Athlon is much better.

Riflescopes:
              Midas BTR 2-15x50
              Ares BTR 4.5-27x50

Spotter:
              Cabelas Krotos HD 20-60x86

Comment

Been selling Athlon for several years now. Haven’t had any customers use the warranty, but from what I’ve heard from others they go above and beyond. As mentioned before, glass is on par with scopes costing a fair bit more.

I’ve personally got one of their Cronus spotting scopes and been pleased with the quality.

Comment

Haven’t used the warranty but i have an Ares 4.5x30x56 and love it. It’s one of the high end models.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I’ve bought (2) of the $110 scopes in the last year. Great quality especially for the price. Always been a Leupold guy but wouldn’t hesitate to buy another Athlon.

Comment

good to hear this as i'm looking to scope a new rifle and had heard a good review of them. now I know where i'm going looking.

thanks again guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Mike M View Post
                        I’ve bought (2) of the $110 scopes in the last year. Great quality especially for the price. Always been a Leupold guy but wouldn’t hesitate to buy another Athlon.
                        How are they in low light? I have been looking at the lower end ones to put on a couple of rimfires that need scopes.

Comment

I absolutely love my Athlon Ares etr. Shot it out to 1500 yards. Guys using Schmidt & Bender and NF were comparing it to theirs. I love the scope. I also have the Midas Tac BtR on my AR10. Both scopes work great in low light, tracking is dead on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for all the info. I will be giving them a try. They sound pretty solid for the money.

Comment

Originally posted by gametracker View Post
                              Thanks for all the info. I will be giving them a try. They sound pretty solid for the money.

If you are looking for a small dealer check out A&J sporting goods. I have ordered quite bit through him. On his fb page he usually has a 5-10% code.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X