Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What kind of protein to put in my gravity feeder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What kind of protein to put in my gravity feeder?

Hey guys & gals- I am new to protein feeding. Thought I'd give it a shot this year for some long term benefits in the future.

I've got a gravity feeder that will hold approx. 600 lbs of protein. So I am wondering- what kind/brand do I need?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions...

Whatever your deer like. They are picky sometimes. Try different brands and see what they like prior to buying a bunch. Our deer in Ozona really like the Record Rack Professional (blue bag), but other hunters on our lease are feeding other types with some success.

Comment

You are going to get many different answers on this one...it's like asking which is the beter truck.....get one that is sold in your area, make sure it has minerals added to it, and make sure the deer will eat it...

Comment

I agree, try a little of several different brands. Some brands your deer might not touch, other brands they may love. Not much worse than a feeder with 1000 pounds of protein they won't touch.

Comment

Start by mixing in corn and slowly take them to protein We still use a little corn soy mix in with the L&E we feed. {Lysse and Echols}

Comment

If you are going to put it out on a low fence dont waste your money. Your neighbors will shoot the deer that you paid to improve.

Comment

I prefer ADM Alliance Rack Plus. We started using it this year after reccomendations from a few local breeding facilities. The deer are pounding it and I can tell you that it smells AWESOME compared to the Record Rack the we used to feed. The first time I opened the bag I was tempted to take a bite myself!

Comment

Originally posted by C.L.Sorrells View Post
                If you are going to put it out on a low fence dont waste your money. Your neighbors will shoot the deer that you paid to improve.
                C.L.- thanks for the heads up, but not much of a problem in my situation. I was blessed to have some family land, and nobody else in my family hunts. I'm the only one hunting for miles

Comment

I used different brands over the years but have settled on Record Rack.

Comment

We use Lysse and Echols, our deer seem to like it.

Comment

My uncle feeds record rack at our place, they love it. I would be really interested in LE but colorado county is too far away especially for a 250 lb feeder.

Comment

We have our delivered, they only charge .50 per bag for delivery fee. But you have to order at least 4 tons or more.

Comment

Working...
                        X