Laguna Atascosa 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SoTXAg06 View Post
    I’m guessing the mosquitos will be super thick. Work has a small place in Rio Hondo, and they have been getting rain every few days. In fact, they had around 5 inches last week. I think it is about 15 miles west of the headquarters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hiking as much as I think I will be is one thing and I'm good with it. But hiking that much in soft marshy terrain is going to suck.

Comment

Y’all are really taking the fun out of this trip. Maybe the softies will stay home. Lol and maybe I won’t stay long.....[emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Jen-Man View Post
        Y’all are really taking the fun out of this trip. Maybe the softies will stay home. Lol and maybe I won’t stay long.....[emoji23]

The suck, struggle, and suffering is the fun!

Comment

Originally posted by NxSTexan View Post
          The suck, struggle, and suffering is the fun!

We're all carnivores but this ^^^ is what separates the hunters from the scavengers

Comment

Originally posted by SoTXAg06 View Post
            I’m guessing the mosquitos will be super thick. Work has a small place in Rio Hondo, and they have been getting rain every few days. In fact, they had around 5 inches last week. I think it is about 15 miles west of the headquarters.

Brace yourselves, this year will be mosquito heaven. If you forget something make sure it is not your mosquito repellent. It is raining again as of this writing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

I have seen hunters give up in the middle of a hunt before here at the Atascosa because of the mosquitos. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by RGV Hunter View Post
                I have seen hunters give up in the middle of a hunt before here at the Atascosa because of the mosquitos. LOL

I'd say rub mud on to prevent the bloodsuckers but there's probably larva all up in the mud too.

Comment

Originally posted by RGV Hunter View Post

LOL yeah pretty that's typical. After a few close encounters with rattle snakes there's been some so scared to walk off the road that go home.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Year before last, I saw two guys wading through the grass wearing shorts and Crocs the first day. They were headed to their truck. I never saw that truck again the rest of the hunt.

Comment

I agree with all of the above and I’m still coming! We will see how long I last. Just not as mad at myself as I was in my younger years. Ready to get this thing started.

Comment

I'd say rub mud on to prevent the bloodsuckers but there's probably larva all up in the mud too.

The first hunt is still about a month away. We will see how bad they are then.

Comment

I agree with all of the above and I’m still coming! We will see how long I last. Just not as mad at myself as I was in my younger years. Ready to get this thing started.

Just prepare is all. It an be rewarding.

Comment

Hiking as much as I think I will be is one thing and I'm good with it. But hiking that much in soft marshy terrain is going to suck.

There isn't that much soft marshy crap, it's mostly fairly hard packed sandy terrain but you might have to cross some marshy spots. Bring tall waterproof boots or gaiters!

Comment

Got drawn for the 2/1-2/3 rifle hunt. First thing I've ever been drawn for.

Comment

Can't edit my last post for some reason. I'll be solo so if anyone else draws those dates and wants to scout or make a meat hauling pact let me know.

Comment

Working...
                                X