• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General warranty deed question

So there is a section that is labeled " Reservations from Conveyance "
    Under this is wrote "None"

The next section is " Exceptions to Conveyance and Warranty "

Under this is listed a bunch of oil and gas stuff.

So my question is, did the seller keep all of the mineral rights?

If you want send me a PM with images of the deed and I will let you know. This information is too vague to tell anything. I am a Landman.

Comment

Originally posted by johnpaul View Post
      If you want send me a PM with images of the deed and I will let you know. This information is too vague to tell anything. I am a Landman.
      Tried to send you a PM but don't see a way to attach pics. Can I text them to you?

Comment

Originally posted by Diamond S View Post
        Tried to send you a PM but don't see a way to attach pics. Can I text them to you?
        sure, I'll send you a PM with my number.

Comment

What did the sales contract state?

Comment

The seller did not reserve the minerals as part of this sale. You would have had to agree to that and it would be listed under reservations from conveyance.

Most likely, all or part, were reserved during a previous sale. An experienced title person would need to research the specific property in order to know the details.

Comment

Reservations are supposed to be what the Seller reserved and exceptions are supposed to be title issues that are not covered by the Seller's warranty of title - but there are a lot of messed up deeds out there where the intention of the parties wasn't expressed in the deed by mistake or incompetence. From OP's description it sounds like no minerals were reserved, so whatever minerals Seller owned at the time the deed was signed (if any) were conveyed to the Buyer; however, I'd have to examine the entire instrument to give an educated answer.

Comment

Originally posted by The Crippler View Post
                Reservations are supposed to be what the Seller reserved and exceptions are supposed to be title issues that are not covered by the Seller's warranty of title - but there are a lot of messed up deeds out there where the intention of the parties wasn't expressed in the deed by mistake or incompetence. From OP's description it sounds like no minerals were reserved, so whatever minerals Seller owned at the time the deed was signed (if any) were conveyed to the Buyer; however, I'd have to examine the entire instrument to give an educated answer.
                Amen.

Comment

Thanks everyone, johnpaul got it sorted out for me.

Comment

Working...
                  X