Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 05-17-2019, 01:15 PM   #51
NannySlayer
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazo View Post
Nothing at the moment. I was in last Monday to have my sutures out and they checked my leg strength and didn't say anything about PT. I have another follow up at 6 weeks and it may come up then. I'm still in the no bending, twisting and no more that 10# pickup range.

Dang. Iím hoping to go back to work (light duty) 5 days post surgery even tho theyíre saying I shouldnít work until my followup. Iíll have a followup 3 weeks later. Then Iíll start PT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NannySlayer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2019, 01:18 PM   #52
Bazo
Ten Point

Hunt In: Where I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by NannySlayer View Post
Dang. Iím hoping to go back to work (light duty) 5 days post surgery even tho theyíre saying I shouldnít work until my followup. Iíll have a followup 3 weeks later. Then Iíll start PT.

I was saying the same thing and I have a desk job. I ended up taking 2 weeks and I'm glad I did. My first day back was a kick in the teeth. It was rough trying to find the best way to sit and how often to get up. Everyday after has been fine. If you can take 2 weeks then do it. Of course with me having bone removed it may not take you as long as it took me.
Bazo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2019, 01:59 PM   #53
bigdawg
Four Point

I just had my surgery on April 5th on a Friday and was back to work on Monday the 8th(desk Job). My MRI was almost exactly like yours except it was in my Cervical region. It was Arthrodesis by anterior interbody technique of cervical region below C2, including disc space preparation with discectomy, Osteophytectomy and decompression of nerve root. I still have some tingling and numbness but Im getting more feeling and movement everyday it seems. No pain at all and after my first check up I was way better thank before my surgery. Im told it can take from 6 days to 6 weeks to 6 months to a year so in other words don't rush it and take it slow and easy. It'll come and of course there might be some feeling that I never get back, anything is better than what I had when I was walking with a cane. You're in my prayers, stay positive and do what the Drs say and you'll be good in no time.
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2019, 02:05 PM   #54
sjaaaz
Eight Point

Hunt In: McCulloch County, Texas

Quote:

I never did the PT. I was back a work (desk job from home) in less than a week. it was not a bad experience at all. Also went to Texas Back Institute but out of Dallas.

Pretty dang awesome to go into surgery with throbbing leg pain and waking up with total relief.
sjaaaz is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2019, 02:42 PM   #55
gekko man
Ten Point

Hunt In: Erath County and Llano County

Quote:
Get bent, yuppie. 6 tats but no stamp here!

Dr Boah is the neurosurgeon out of Denton Texas Back Institute. He did the same surgery on several of our firefighters with successful outcomes.

Not for 6 weeks.

Dr Hisey did my back surgery in 2012. I am dealing with some stuff in the L5/S1 and I am sure I'll be back to the TBI soon to get mine squared.

Good luck!
gekko man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2019, 03:26 PM   #56
nursejenn
Pope & Young

Hunt In: McCulloch County

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjaaaz View Post
I never did the PT. I was back a work (desk job from home) in less than a week. it was not a bad experience at all. Also went to Texas Back Institute but out of Dallas.

Pretty dang awesome to go into surgery with throbbing leg pain and waking up with total relief.
And this was his MRI

nursejenn is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2019, 04:12 PM   #57
BTLowry
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Behind the house and public in Texas; Kansas Unit 5

Hope it goes well and you make a speedy recovery

Your 3/4 disc looks like it might be a culprit too
BTLowry is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2019, 04:29 PM   #58
NannySlayer
Pope & Young

I just left neurosurgeon for second opinion and he said surgery is a must. He said expect for me to have a desk job in 10 years, that He doubts Iíll firefight forever.

Hard pill to swallow right there.

Old 05-17-2019, 04:36 PM   #59
ontarget
Ten Point

Hunt In: Menard

Prayers for a speedy recovery.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2019, 05:07 PM   #60
Burnadell
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Bee County

I hate this for you, Stephanie! You are a tough lady and can prove them wrong! You can do this!
Burnadell is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2019, 06:07 PM   #61
Sleepy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Camp County, Rusk County, Smith County, Kansas

Quote:
Just kidding.

But I am having unexpected back surgery next week. Things have escalated rather quickly for me over the past month.

I started having left leg pain back in September. I donít know what caused it. I just know I hurt. I went to the chiropractor for about 2 months, then PCP, did oral and steroid injections, physical therapy, inversion table... finally went for an MRI after no relief. I have a large herniated disc that pressing against my S1 nerve root which causes the sciatica in my left leg. I followed up with a neurosurgeon who relayed I could have deficits that ruin my career if it herniated more. I did decompression and went to an airrosti. They expedited my surgery from late June to next week. Iím going to a second neurosurgeon today for a second opinion. My primary neurosurgeon is wanting to do a discectomy to relieve pressure from my nerve root. I just know Iím in constant pain.

Feel like the weight of the world is on my shoulders. I can barely put pants on to make it to work... trouble mowing my yard... cleaning or picking anything up... sneezing... but Gods got a plan.

If itís not one thing itís another.

Iíve been placed on light duty at work. Recovery is going to take at least 6 weeks.

Not looking for anyoneís horror stories. With the severity of my injury... surgery is best. Just send one up for me to the big Man upstairs if you will.

I had the same surgery on October 14th, 2016. I was experiencing the same excruciating pain and helplessness and avoided surgery. Finally caved and had it done. It was the best decision I ever made and I was back in a tree stand on my birthday, November 13th. (I had back up to help drag a deer if I downed one!). 2 hours after surgery I woke up and walked myself to the bathroom. It was like someone it the switch and pain was gone. I dealt with the real bad pain for almost 6 months to the point I thought my muscle memory would create a permanent hitch in my step. Two years later and Iím still doing great!! Good luck and donít be nervous! Youíll feel brand new!
Sleepy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2019, 06:09 PM   #62
nursejenn
Pope & Young

Quote:
I just left neurosurgeon for second opinion and he said surgery is a must. He said expect for me to have a desk job in 10 years, that He doubts Iíll firefight forever.

You'll be glad you did it. Find someone who can be with you for the first couple of days to help out. I have some suggestions to make things easier if you want, PM me.
Old 05-17-2019, 06:25 PM   #63
double bogey
Ten Point

Hunt In: where ever I can

Look at the pics I have posted on my recent back surgery. I have had 2 other docs tell me he is a rock star of neurosurgeons. He is at Baylor Plano, and Methodist Addison. Dr. Jeremy Denning.

If you like Medical City, Joseph Beshay is another great one.

There is another I wont name that I wouldn't recommend that worked on me last fall, and didn't do enough.

My back surgeries have been unrelated to what yours are, but get the best. Hopefully your procedure can be the scoped microsurgery. Relief is immediate.
double bogey is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2019, 10:44 PM   #64
tgil
Pope & Young

Quote:

You got this! Ain't no quit in the NS I know! You didn't get where you are by following or doing the norm. For that matter, look at all of the other stuff you have overcome! Get the right doc, then get the posters made showing your success!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
tgil is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2019, 11:04 PM   #65
eliteweldingco
Ten Point

Hunt In: grayson, atoka

Had my second back in December, and my second go around of drop foot cause of nerve damage. Not happy about the slow recovery.
eliteweldingco is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2019, 07:16 AM   #66
sierracharlie338
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Anywhere I can.... seems to be pretty limited these days

Prayers for ya. Hoping for a speedy recovery

Sierracharlie outÖ
sierracharlie338 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2019, 07:38 AM   #67
deerwatcher51
Ten Point

Hunt In: Richland Springs & Washington on the Brazos

Prayers for relief and recovery.
deerwatcher51 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2019, 09:00 AM   #68
KactusKiller
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Irion co, Navarro Co

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmathewsfan View Post
Iíve had 3 surgeries, all at the lumbar level. One of the surgeries was a ďre-doĒ because I didnít follow doctors orders to the letter during recuperation. You will find that there is immediate relief and youíll be tempted to do more than you should. Donít!!!!!

This!!! 6 months in and I re-injured. Got bad enough about 5 yrs ago I almost did surgery again but got better thru PT. Now I just manage it thru stretching and a lot of ice when needed.
KactusKiller is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-21-2019, 07:41 AM   #69
NannySlayer
Pope & Young

Thanks for all the great insight, yíall.

How long before yíall could draw back your bow? Ride in a boat to go fishing? Roll over in bed, pain free? Fly in a airplane? Go on a rollercoaster? (Going to Disney 3 weeks post surgery)

Old 05-21-2019, 08:06 AM   #70
pilar
Ten Point

Hunt In: Sisterdale and el dorado , Jeff Davis, refugio/sinton

Quote:

How long before yíall could draw back your bow? Ride in a boat to go fishing? Roll over in bed, pain free? Fly in a airplane? Go on a rollercoaster? (Going to Disney 3 weeks post surgery)

Canít speak for my self, but none of the above for my wife , cannot ride on the boat, still has trouble at night getting comfortable and sleeping whole night,going to the ranch no way ď roads to many bumps ď
Airplane no problem, but I donít think she would even consider Disney.
I took the kids to Disney ď misery land ď lots of walking
Let your body tell you what to do , and then think twice about that
Every surgery and healing process is different
She is 5-6 years post operation and still canít carry anything or do laundry, sweeping and mopping not happening
I will say again every one is different
pilar is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-21-2019, 08:07 AM   #71
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young

How the heck did I miss this?!! Stephanie, I'm sorry you are having to go through this! You made a very important confession in your post in that you know God has a plan! THAT is the first step to overcoming this, but I know you already know that. My request for you is that you PLEASE follow the doctor's instructions to a T... PLEASE!! I can guarantee you THAT is a major part to God's plan for you! He will take care of you and will put the right care-givers in place to do a healing for you, but the most important part of all of the healing process is the rehab on a back injury. If you medical team tells you to forget Disney until later, listen to them... Whether you drive, fly, or whatever, if they advise against it, don't do it!! I know you are a tough lady and I have the utmost admiration for you and for your service to the community, but in order for your service and ministry to others to continue, you need to take care of yourself first.

Lord, You know this dear lady, and You know she is in pain. We thank You Lord for bringing her to this point where the proper treatment can bring about healing through Your hand. We ask You Lord, give her rest, ease her pain and guide all her care-givers to a successful outcome and complete healing of her back. This sweet, sweet lady spends her life serving others Lord. We ask You, serve her with Your compassion and mercy by taking away her pain and making her whole again. Give her wisdom and patience to follow Your will and direction through the wisdom and advice of her medical team. Give them the right knowledge and guide their thoughts and hands as they minister to our sister Stephanie. Lord we Love You, and we thank You for bringing her to this point. Take her through this according to Your promise and bring her to the other side healthy and stronger than ever. In Jesus name, Amen.
SaltwaterSlick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-21-2019, 08:21 AM   #72
RangerRick2012
Ten Point

Hunt In: United States and its territories

Best of luck. My 81 year old father went through this, and came out feeling like a new man within hours of the surgery. It's been three years now and no issues.
RangerRick2012 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-21-2019, 08:33 AM   #73
Goldeneagle
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where ever I get a chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
How the heck did I miss this?!! Stephanie, I'm sorry you are having to go through this! You made a very important confession in your post in that you know God has a plan! THAT is the first step to overcoming this, but I know you already know that. My request for you is that you PLEASE follow the doctor's instructions to a T... PLEASE!! I can guarantee you THAT is a major part to God's plan for you! He will take care of you and will put the right care-givers in place to do a healing for you, but the most important part of all of the healing process is the rehab on a back injury. If you medical team tells you to forget Disney until later, listen to them... Whether you drive, fly, or whatever, if they advise against it, don't do it!! I know you are a tough lady and I have the utmost admiration for you and for your service to the community, but in order for your service and ministry to others to continue, you need to take care of yourself first.

Lord, You know this dear lady, and You know she is in pain. We thank You Lord for bringing her to this point where the proper treatment can bring about healing through Your hand. We ask You Lord, give her rest, ease her pain and guide all her care-givers to a successful outcome and complete healing of her back. This sweet, sweet lady spends her life serving others Lord. We ask You, serve her with Your compassion and mercy by taking away her pain and making her whole again. Give her wisdom and patience to follow Your will and direction through the wisdom and advice of her medical team. Give them the right knowledge and guide their thoughts and hands as they minister to our sister Stephanie. Lord we Love You, and we thank You for bringing her to this point. Take her through this according to Your promise and bring her to the other side healthy and stronger than ever. In Jesus name, Amen.
I'm with Charlie. Do what the docs tell you. Another prayer sent for you Steph.
Goldeneagle is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-21-2019, 09:54 AM   #74
Bazo
Ten Point

Quote:

My dr said I canít go out to the ranch or drive the Defender for 3 months due to rough ground. Iíll be honest with you, no way Iíd do Disney 3 weeks post Surgery. Iím 4 weeks and went to my first softball game last night. You have to do what the dr advises or very well end up back where you started. Itís a hard pill to swallow and every time I get stir crazy and pause and think about starting over then go back to doing nothing.

Old 05-21-2019, 10:44 AM   #75
TXBlueEyes
Ten Point

Hunt In: Anderson County, TX

I am sorry to hear you are going through this. Prayers that the surgery goes perfect and a quick recovery!
TXBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-21-2019, 10:50 AM   #76
Chief Big Toe
Ten Point

Lord, You know this dear lady, and You know she is in pain. We thank You Lord for bringing her to this point where the proper treatment can bring about healing through Your hand. We ask You Lord, give her rest, ease her pain and guide all her care-givers to a successful outcome and complete healing of her back. This sweet, sweet lady spends her life serving others Lord. We ask You, serve her with Your compassion and mercy by taking away her pain and making her whole again. Give her wisdom and patience to follow Your will and direction through the wisdom and advice of her medical team. Give them the right knowledge and guide their thoughts and hands as they minister to our sister Stephanie. Lord we Love You, and we thank You for bringing her to this point. Take her through this according to Your promise and bring her to the other side healthy and stronger than ever. In Jesus name, Amen

This! Steph, I am sure all will work out to your benefit,, Prayers, and fast healing all will be alright tomorrow
Chief Big Toe is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-21-2019, 10:51 AM   #77
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Sterling County

My Angie has had two of those and steel rods put in. She been good for over 15 years now and still loading and unloading airplanes at DFW airport.
You will be nearly good as new in short order. Maybe not as flexible at the waist but no pain.
muzzlebrake is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-21-2019, 10:53 AM   #78
nursejenn
Pope & Young

Quote:

You need to ask tour doctor about that. It was almost 5 months before shane was cleared to draw his bow or even lift over 20 pounds. I would bet that most of that is going to be a no.
Old 05-21-2019, 11:11 AM   #79
JES
Ten Point

Hunt In: Stonewall County

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursejenn View Post
You need to ask tour doctor about that. It was almost 5 months before shane was cleared to draw his bow or even lift over 20 pounds. I would bet that most of that is going to be a no.
That seems extremely conservative, I had L5/S1 fusion and didnít have to wait that long and then later C6/C7 fusion, again, didnít have that kind of restriction.
JES is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-21-2019, 11:38 AM   #80
Bazo
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by JES View Post
That seems extremely conservative, I had L5/S1 fusion and didnít have to wait that long and then later C6/C7 fusion, again, didnít have that kind of restriction.

I would bet that fusions and disc repairs are different when it comes to recovery restrictions. Iím currently recovering from a disc repair and I canít pick up more than 10 pounds for 6 weeks then it bumps to 20 pounds. I have 2 discs that are healing from repair and if I over do it I can blow those discs out again before they are completely healed.

Old 05-21-2019, 12:20 PM   #81
NannySlayer
Pope & Young

I donít plan on doing rides at Disney. My parents are driving my luggage there so no lifting. Iíll be able to take breaks from walking and my Dad is going to ride the rides with Thomas. Iím not going to be too stubborn when it comes to my healing process but this is pretty daggum important to me. Itís 100% surprise trip for my sons 7th birthday.
But, Iíll talk to the Doctor about it in the morning. I also go for my followup the day before we fly out. Just say a prayer that Iím able to make this possible.

Thanks for the prayer, C. I appreciate all yíall.

Old 05-21-2019, 01:14 PM   #82
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young

Quote:
I donít plan on doing rides at Disney. My parents are driving my luggage there so no lifting. Iíll be able to take breaks from walking and my Dad is going to ride the rides with Thomas. Iím not going to be too stubborn when it comes to my healing process but this is pretty daggum important to me. Itís 100% surprise trip for my sons 7th birthday.
But, Iíll talk to the Doctor about it in the morning. I also go for my followup the day before we fly out. Just say a prayer that Iím able to make this possible.

Thanks for the prayer, C. I appreciate all yíall.

You might check into renting a wheel chair/motorized cart at Disney... They have all sorts of assistance available... My daughter/Son-in-Law just got back from taking our grandsons... They mentioned that such rentals were available right at the park, but might have to make a reservation for 'em...
Old 05-21-2019, 04:23 PM   #83
nursejenn
Pope & Young

Quote:
I would bet that fusions and disc repairs are different when it comes to recovery restrictions. Iím currently recovering from a disc repair and I canít pick up more than 10 pounds for 6 weeks then it bumps to 20 pounds. I have 2 discs that are healing from repair and if I over do it I can blow those discs out again before they are completely healed.

Yep... with a fusion, they remove the disc...
Old 05-21-2019, 04:38 PM   #84
NannySlayer
Pope & Young

Hey yíall.

A lot of folks are reaching out to lend a helping hand... I really appreciate that. Iíve got majority of things taken care of.
But, if yíall could just remind me if I ever say I regret it that I couldnít feel my foot. I also had shooting pain down my leg, as if someone was trying to rip my hamstring a part, while I was dancing to Copperhead Road.

Old 05-21-2019, 04:46 PM   #85
Quackerbox
Pope & Young

Hunt In: The woods

I was at work 9 days after my discectomy riding a moped 10 hours a day. My surgeon said it was the largest piece he'd ever removed. That was 5 years ago

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Quackerbox is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-21-2019, 04:51 PM   #86
scotty
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Encinal Texas, Hare, Texas

I'm just now seeing this Steph. You've been moved to the top of my prayer list.
scotty is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-21-2019, 05:07 PM   #87
Hunter Dan
Eight Point

Hunt In: Everywhere

I have degenerative back disorder that runs in my family. I ruptured L4-5 about 12 years ago and after a year of dealing with it I had a discectomy done. I was great for 2 years before it blew out again and I had to have it fused. Three years ago L5-S1 had to be fused but I knew that was going to have to be done eventually. Recovery is tough but well worth it in the end. I workout 5 days a week and lift BIG and have no issues. Prayers for you. Let me know if I can give any advice.
Hunter Dan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-21-2019, 05:46 PM   #88
TxMedic
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Texas

Prayers for you! I’m 19 years into municipal EMS career and I’m scared to death I’m going to need back surgery soon...
TxMedic is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-21-2019, 06:44 PM   #89
pondboss
Eight Point

Hunt In: Concho County & Pongola Region, KwaZulu-Natal S.A.

Prayers sent.
pondboss is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-21-2019, 07:22 PM   #90
JES
Ten Point

Quote:

Valid point, still seems very conservative.
Old 05-21-2019, 07:23 PM   #91
JES
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursejenn View Post
Yep... with a fusion, they remove the disc...
There wasnít much disc to remove...but whatever was there is gone and now a nice piece of PEEK is there.
Old 05-21-2019, 08:01 PM   #92
AlaskaFlyerFan
Ten Point

Hunt In: Don't have a place yet

Quote:
Just kidding.

But I am having unexpected back surgery next week. Things have escalated rather quickly for me over the past month.

I started having left leg pain back in September. I don’t know what caused it. I just know I hurt. I went to the chiropractor for about 2 months, then PCP, did oral and steroid injections, physical therapy, inversion table... finally went for an MRI after no relief. I have a large herniated disc that pressing against my S1 nerve root which causes the sciatica in my left leg. I followed up with a neurosurgeon who relayed I could have deficits that ruin my career if it herniated more. I did decompression and went to an airrosti. They expedited my surgery from late June to next week. I’m going to a second neurosurgeon today for a second opinion. My primary neurosurgeon is wanting to do a discectomy to relieve pressure from my nerve root. I just know I’m in constant pain.

Feel like the weight of the world is on my shoulders. I can barely put pants on to make it to work... trouble mowing my yard... cleaning or picking anything up... sneezing... but Gods got a plan.

If it’s not one thing it’s another.

I’ve been placed on light duty at work. Recovery is going to take at least 6 weeks.

Not looking for anyone’s horror stories. With the severity of my injury... surgery is best. Just send one up for me to the big Man upstairs if you will.

It looks like you have more than one bulging disc. Theres a couple others that look like they are starting to bulge.

I'm not a radiologist but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once.

My son had a lumbar discectomy and fusion about 3 years ago. Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion (TLIF). They took the disc out and put a spacer in there then fused a couple vertebrae. He went from having constant back pain and some loss of mobility and numbness in his leg to being pain free and regained the mobility. The numbness is almost completely gone. Good luck!
AlaskaFlyerFan is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-21-2019, 08:16 PM   #93
PIc
Eight Point

Default Back surgery

Quote:
Just kidding.

I started having left leg pain back in September. I donít know what caused it. I just know I hurt. I went to the chiropractor for about 2 months, then PCP, did oral and steroid injections, physical therapy, inversion table... finally went for an MRI after no relief. I have a large herniated disc that pressing against my S1 nerve root which causes the sciatica in my left leg. I followed up with a neurosurgeon who relayed I could have deficits that ruin my career if it herniated more. I did decompression and went to an airrosti. They expedited my surgery from late June to next week. Iím going to a second neurosurgeon today for a second opinion. My primary neurosurgeon is wanting to do a discectomy to relieve pressure from my nerve root. I just know Iím in constant pain.

If itís not one thing itís another.

Iíve been placed on light duty at work. Recovery is going to take at least 6 weeks.

Not looking for anyoneís horror stories. With the severity of my injury... surgery is best. Just send one up for me to the big Man upstairs if you will.

You described my 2018 to a T, I had surgery on January 24,2019. The last month prior to my surgery I was taking pain pills like they were M&Ms and previously I didn't even like to take an aspirin. The surgery was a huge success, since leaving the recovery room I have not taken nor needed any type of medication for pain. I was sore after the surgery but that soreness was nothing compared to my back and leg pain. Follow the surgeons instructions and you will be fine, after six weeks I was cleared to lift 50lbs+and normal activities. Remember to use proper lifting techniques in the future and do not twist when holding something heavy, these are things we should have been doing prior and it probably would have prevented our injuries(years of bad habits). I would probably ride the ambulance for a while if I were you putting on a SCBA and crawling around could give you issues if you try to do it too soon. I have been in boats and off-roading since my surgery with no issues. My biggest piece of advice is walk early and often after your surgery.
PIc is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-21-2019, 08:22 PM   #94
louieagarcia
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Planet Earth

Prayers for you Steph.
louieagarcia is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-21-2019, 08:44 PM   #95
BigDraw
Ten Point

Hunt In: Melvin TX

Let me know if we can help somehow
BigDraw is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-22-2019, 10:12 AM   #96
tgil
Pope & Young

Sending one up now.
tgil is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-22-2019, 10:23 AM   #97
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young

Hey Stephanie, when is your surgery?
Old 05-22-2019, 01:34 PM   #98
double bogey
Ten Point

Hunt In: where ever I can

As far as drawing a bow, the thoracic vertebrae work would be more restrictive, as the shoulder muscles are in this area. After my first t7 repair surgery in feb of 2016, I was still having issues in the summer of 2018 with bow drawing. Arms had good strength, and lifting was fine, just couldn't get the muscles in the back to cooperate with the bow. A 6" incision in the middle of my back must have went through lots of muscle. Good luck, do the therapy, don't try to get well before the back is ready. And I cannot stress the therapy enough.
double bogey is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-22-2019, 01:39 PM   #99
NannySlayer
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
Hey Stephanie, when is your surgery?

Right now. Headed back shortly. Got some pain meds on board. Just trying to relax some before go time.

Old 05-22-2019, 01:42 PM   #100
quackaholic1
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Cass county

Prayers for you Steph.
quackaholic1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top