Red Birds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red Birds

Just sitting outside at the pit with a rack of ribs slow cooking and realized I have not seen or heard a Red Bird in a long time. Are they seasonable? As a kid I can remember them all year round. Now, I have not seen one in a good while. What gives?

If you are talking cardnels there were over 50 of them in my brush blind last weekend in east Texas.

Comment

They're skitzophrenic vagabonds on meth I think. They show up here in the winter stay until sometime during the summer then nothing. One year they'll nest close to the house, next year nothing.

Comment

I'm in the blind right now watching 6

Comment

Wow. Oh, so they are meth heads that come and go as they please. I guess they will be back soon now that winter is closing in.

Comment

Usually have 3-6 in my back yard at the feeder but for the past 8 months it has been hit or miss. I haven't filled the feeder in 3 weeks. The house finches, chickadees, and titmice are absent too.

Comment

the females are brown

Comment

We've got em all over around my house.Seems like they nest is the gnarliest places.Thick briars,over grown fence lines etc.I really like watching those kamakaze's!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes, cardinals are very common here in town. See them a lot in the country also, here in north Texas.

Comment

Come to think about it, I haven't seen any Mocking birds either. I am usually covered up with them.

Comment

Working...
                    X