What size is your blind???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What size is your blind???

Hey folks, going to build myself a couple blinds out of hog panels that we have left over. I was thinking of a dome top, but not sure how tall I should build them? Any suggestions?

Here's one I built a few years ago. You probably don't need it this big but it's 6'x6'x7'.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376325412.782649.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	24231069

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376325425.621432.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	24231070

Comment

The Double Bull "Recurve" model is 67" high in the center. I would go at least that high if not 72". I'm toying with the idea of making a blind tall enough to shoot out of while standing. With the high windows I'm thinking you could sit on a bar stool (with a back on it) then just stand up to shoot.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
        The Double Bull "Recurve" model is 67" high in the center. I would go at least that high if not 72". I'm toying with the idea of making a blind tall enough to shoot out of while standing. With the high windows I'm thinking you could sit on a bar stool (with a back on it) then just stand up to shoot.
        I have the Double Bull Recurve blind and it is plenty tall for me to shoot out of.

Comment

We make the dome top for out cattle panel blinds by using 3 pieces of 1/2" PVC pipe. Cut the upright wire at the top wire and put the PVC over it. Bend it over to a wire straight across. Three of them (10'ers) make a perfect trad friendly blind roof frame.

Bisch

Comment

I have three cattle panel blinds. I did not put any tops on them. I just bent them in the shape of a C and backed them up to something the deer couldn't go through. I did build these for a compound blind so they may not work for my longbow.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks guys, hope I don't have to do too much arithmetic...I'm in sales and thinking makes my thinker hurt. ;-)

Comment

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376439737.781556.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	24231582
                96" diameter, 89" tall..

Comment

6x6x6

Comment

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376596291.400748.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	24232056
                    6x6x8

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376596343.000186.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	24232057
                    This dude is 9ft across and the oak is our roof.

Comment

Working...
                    X