Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few cheap beginner recurves for sale in the classifieds

So Darla loves the Samick.

Conner, a neighbor boy around the block usually stops by and shoots with me and Cade. Conner is 14 and has great parents. He is much older than my boy, but pays attention to him. Cade loves it and I appreciate the dog snot outta him just caring about the boy.

Today, I opened the garage to mow the yard and up comes Conner on his bike.

Conner, "Hello Mr. Smith. How was your day?
    Me, " Fine Conner."
    Conner, "Is Cade home?"
    Me, "No he's at a buddies house right now."
    Conner, "Oh... So are you gonna shot without him?"
    Me, "No Im going to mow the lawn. Rains coming and I want to finish before it hits."
    Conner, "If you finish before it rains are you gonna shoot?"
    Me, "No it'll be too dark then"
    Conner, "I'll help you so you can shoot."
    Me, "Ok. Say Conner are you wanting to shoot too?"
    Conner, "Yes SIR!"... "I mean, if that's ok with you?!?"
    Me, " Stay right here Conner"
    I hot foot it inside and grab my gear and the No Name bow you gave me Ron. I had three 500's and a small glove. Took it all outside.

Me, "Conner shoot this. If you can stick all three arrows in the target she's yours."

Conner takes the unstrung bow and walks up to the target and stabs it with all three arrows. He turns to and asks how to string the bow!

Gotta love persistence and dumb wisdom. I will post up some pics of Conner and his new bow after I get the ok from his parents.

Thanks Ron! I think we got another shooter in the mix. Btw I didn't get the lawn mowed this evening.

Comment

That's pretty neat. Sounds like you have two boys to shoot with.

Comment

Awesome stuff, I'm glad it found a new owner. Thanks for sharing. If it doesn't hold up, I still have the DACO that I can give him. It would be great to know it's going to someone that will appreciate it. Keep in touch about it brother.

Comment

That bow is in pretty decent shape. I think it will last him until his parents are willing to spend some money to get him something else.

Comment

Well, he's welcome to the other if he needs it.

Comment

Well the bow broke today while we were shooting.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Meloni View Post
                Awesome stuff, I'm glad it found a new owner. Thanks for sharing. If it doesn't hold up, I still have the DACO that I can give him. It would be great to know it's going to someone that will appreciate it. Keep in touch about it brother.
                Well, the no name is no more. If you still got that Daco... I will buy it from you. Conner popped himself in the eye pretty good when it broke. But he's fine. He was more upset that he broke it and thought I was gonna rip on him. It took me a while to calm him down, let him know everything was going to be normal, and love him up a bit.

Comment

OUCH!! The bow is his. Let me know when we can get together.

Ron

Comment

Will do Ron. I might be headed back to SA next week. If not I'll Paypal you for the bow and shipping. He will be pumped. I'm going to loan him the Samik for the squirrel hunt tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                    X