Martin Rebel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Martin Rebel

Looked at a Martin Rebel yesteray at Gander Mountain. I liked the look. Very plain. It is a very light, short bow. A stabilizer or fishing rig can be attached to the bow. What are yall comments, suggestions, experiences w/ this bow. What are some things to look at/ for, and to be aware of when looking to purchase a recurve?

thanks

I am new to this so many of the more experienced guys can chime in with some better information.

I looked at both the Rebel, and the X200. I ended up buying an X200. I based this decision based upon a few factors.

1. I called Martin Tech support to ask them the differences between the two bows. Based upon my usage, the X200 was the better choice for me. I would recommend calling them and talking to them. This is my second Martin bow, and they have always been very helpful.

2. I will not be doing much bowfishing, and the Rebel was designed for the bowfisherman.

3. I wanted a longer recurve. My understanding is that the longer bow will be a little bit more forgiving, and bit smoother. As a newbie these are important to me.

I would still consider the Rebel as a candidate bow for me.

Give the guys at Martin Archery a call. Talk to them about the different bows that they offer.

Anyway, I hope this helps.
    TM

Comment

I have a Martin Rebel its decent but my Widow is better

Comment

I have a 55 pound Rebal that seems to be a really nice bow. They should preform very well in a tent blind as short as they are. That said if it is going to be your first recurve, there are bows out there that would be much easier to learn with. short light bows can be tuff to shoot well.

Comment

Super Great bowfishing bow, but for hunting and 3D I think at least a 58" or 60" bow is better.

What's your draw length? This will have a good bit to say what length bow is best for you.

With a 25" draw the Rebel is the perfect hunting/3D bow, but if you draw 30" a longer 60"+ bow is better for two reasons, finger pinch and stacking.

Comment

Now you all tell me. I bought a rebel this year as my first trad bow..I like it tho. At least now I can say I shoot like crap cuz it is short

Comment

diamonrules... if you learn to shoot that bow well just think how well you will shoot a 60"

Comment

I am wondering if I need to go get me another compound for the sake of my wallet and all the arrows I keep flinging into the tall grass...lol

Comment

Working...
                X