No announcement yet.

Arrow spine question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I have it shooting good now. I got some carbons and I am shooting them now, but it just seems wrong to shoot a carbon arrow out of a recurve or longbow.

Comment

The key is good arrow flight. If it takes a carbon for you to get good arrow flight, shoot a carbon, an aluminum - shoot aluminum. If you can get wood arrows to fly the way they need to, then shoot wood. Remember, its YOUR bow and YOUR shot. You do what it takes for YOU to be successful. Don't worry about all the hoohaw romance tries to teach you.

Personally, I prefer the flight I get out of wood arrows to aluminum and carbon, but I'm coming to like the CX Terminators.

No matter which arrow you choose to go with, you'll still have to tune the arrow to your bow. Whether with bare shafting or other equally effective methods. I don't bare shaft and the arrows I have are matched to my bow just fine. I do shoot broadheads on the fletched arrows as soon as I build a batch. This will quickly show any that are not tuned properly to my bows. A little tweaking here and there and I'm grouping the broadheads with the fieldpoints. This hog was killed with a cedar arrow I crafted a year and a half before the shot.

I know, its not a big hog, but I center punched the dimple I was shooting for.

Comment

Working...
      X