No announcement yet.

Quiver on/off? What quiver?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sitting in the stand now with a bow on the hanger and a big Jims 2 piece laying in the fork of the tree next to me. I can take it off the bow in 20 seconds. Like having the option of putting it back on that way I only carry one item. Big Jims are about $60 and worth every penny.

Comment

Mine is atteched. Wasn't sure how I would like it... but I have found alot of pros. It actually helps the bow sit on my lap. The arrows are always in reach too.

Comment

Ballgame, just now got on and saw you askin bout my kwikee bracket. I'll do my best, but it's like splitting atoms for me to be able to figure out how to put pics on here...,but I will do my best! Just a note, i shoot quite a bit with my quiver on my bow, loaded with arras, and can hit just as good (which aint sayin much ). But i hunt mostly from a tree, and no matter how much you sweat the details, you might rake a feather on somethin on a calm day, and that can be loud! Just feel like I can be more stream-lined without it attached. Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

All my hunting bows have Thunderhorn Small Fry quivers on them. 2 are strap ons and 1 is mounted into insert holes. I don't ever take mine off. I've tried lots of different quivers and have found that the bow quivers work best for me. There's been a few times where it pays off to be able to grab another arrow and get a second shot within seconds. Like Bisch said, either way you go make sure that's the way you practice because it can effect how well you shoot. Good luck, Jeff

Comment

I can shoot as well/bad with the quiver on or off. If I am stalking I leave the quiver on. Hunting from a blind I take it off. I feel that having the quiver off makes the bow harder to see when you raise up to draw than when a quiver full of arrows are attached. Also I think my bows shoot quieter with the quiver off.

Comment

Originally posted by spidermonkey View Post
              Ballgame, just now got on and saw you askin bout my kwikee bracket. I'll do my best, but it's like splitting atoms for me to be able to figure out how to put pics on here...,but I will do my best! Just a note, i shoot quite a bit with my quiver on my bow, loaded with arras, and can hit just as good (which aint sayin much ). But i hunt mostly from a tree, and no matter how much you sweat the details, you might rake a feather on somethin on a calm day, and that can be loud! Just feel like I can be more stream-lined without it attached. Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty
              Could you text the picture to me?

Pm sent

Comment

Rustys quiver
                Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Are those strips of innertube just slipped over the limb tips?

skooter

Comment

Like I said in my original post, if you have a 3pc takedown bow, I have a Great Northern Quick Detach quiver that I would sell you for $75 (they are $97 + shipping if bought new). It is in 9 out of 10 condition, and is one of the easiest on/off systems out there.

Here is a pic of how the attachment system works, and how sleek it is. The leather on mine is brown instead of black.:

Click image for larger version

Name:	GNQD.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	11.7 KB
ID:	24417310

Just let me know if you are interested.

Bisch

Comment

Thanks ballgame for puttin up the pics, I always hafta have a middle man do it, just ask Bisch! Anyway, yes Skooter, you can use a bicycle inner tube cut into bands, unstring your bow, and slide em over. Get ready, cuz depending on your riser style, they can be TIGHT! As for the actual mount, I took bout a 1x3" piece of 1/2" thick Lexan, drilled/tapped 2 holes with the same centerline as the Kwikee quick release bracket, bolted bracket onto Lexan base piece, and wrestled inner tube bands over the ends that I left long for that purpose. Also, the backside of the Lexan strip has the fuzzy part of Velcro stuck to it for silence, and so as to not scratch you bow finish. The reason I came up with this, other than I'm cheap, is cuz old compound quivers are easy to find, and you probably have a few layin around anyway. Any brand/type of quiver release bracket can be mounted using a variation of this method. One more thing, if you don't have access to taps, you can drill a pilot hole, and just install sheet metal, or wood screws, just be sure to drill the pilot big enough not to hafta really fight too hard to get the screws in. That Lexan is super tough stuff. The reason that is what I chose to use is cuz; it's light, won't rust, and it's what I had You could use wood, aluminum, etc, etc. Sorry bout the long read, which I'm sure is clear as mud! And glad to meet ya (via text) ballgame! Just now got in from a wet hunt in the ol cow panel blind, Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Bisch, I appreciate the offer, but this is a one piece bow. I think I'll just use my compound quiver for double duty until the end of the season. that way it won't mess me up.

Thanks again guys,
                              Skooter

Comment

No problem! I was not sure, so was offing up an option. If you end up going with a "not on the bow" quiver, take a look at the Great Northern Sidekick. It is a great quiver if you mostly stand hunt!

Bisch

Comment

Working...
                                X