Jon Boat shed plans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jon Boat shed plans?

Would anyone have plans or at least of pictures of a really simple, treated lumber storage shed for a 16 foot Jon Boat? All I want is a tin roof to keep the sun and rain off of it. As simple and least expensive as possible.

Thanks all!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Originally posted by Cajun shooter View Post
    Would anyone have plans or at least of pictures of a really simple, treated lumber storage shed for a 16 foot Jon Boat? All I want is a tin roof to keep the sun and rain off of it. As simple and least expensive as possible.

Thanks all!

In for this, have a 13 foot kayak that needs covering!

Comment

This is one of those make-it-up-as-you-go projects. If you use enough wood screws it will be sturdy enough.

Comment

Originally posted by macguyverberry View Post
        In for this, have a 13 foot kayak that needs covering!

Yeah, surely someone on here has thrown something up that was pretty quick and simple.

Comment

Def curious to see what you come up with

Comment

Probably come out just as cheap buying one of the little metal car ports you see on the side of the road for sale

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
              Probably come out just as cheap buying one of the little metal car ports you see on the side of the road for sale

Do you think it will be just a durable if say a limb falls on it?

Comment

I woulda suggested the same thing as him - as per your quandary - prolly dependent on your craftsmen skills no?

Comment

Following, but tin/metal is out for the roof.
                  HOA requires same kinda composite shingles as is on the house.

Comment

I would think so, although would be more difficult to repair vs wood

Comment

Put a tarp over it if a limb goes through it duck tape it should last a year or so.

Comment

I want this to last for years not a year or two. I have a feeling if a limb falls on 2X6s and 4X4s that will fair better than those little tin structures. This is going to be deep in the woods at my lease so......

I was really hoping someone would have a plan of some sort.

Comment

$695 carport. You don't have to erect it.

Comment

How big do you want it? I can draw up some simple plans for ya.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by sideways View Post
                              How big do you want it? I can draw up some simple plans for ya.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It’s for a 16 foot Jon Boat and trailer so I’m guessing about 10X20’.

I’m mostly wondering, should I use 4- 4X4s or 6- 4X4 posts ? Should I use all 2X4s for the framing or should I use 2X6s? I guess I’m probably not going to find a 20 foot 2X4 to span the whole length.

Comment

Working...
                              X