School Shootings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DRT View Post
    I understand your sentiment but you are wrong. Even God sacrificed His only begotten Son to save all of us. If I knew losing my child would save 20 I could live with that. Even yours.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Yup. And in the attempt to save you're more likely to lose. How ironic it is

Comment

I understand your sentiment but you are wrong. Even God sacrificed His only begotten Son to save all of us. If I knew losing my child would save 20 I could live with that. Even yours.

Thanks.
      But I'm not sac....
      Nevermind

And I bet neither of you would vote to keep food stamp program alive either.
      LoL
      You can kill my kid to save 20 others but i don't want $20 of my paycheck taken out to feed thousands!

I'm signing off.
      Time for dinner then a lil Olympics.

Comment

Originally posted by TexMax View Post
        Yup. And in the attempt to save you're more likely to lose. How ironic it is
        Not at all if you aren't only focussed on your self. I will give $20 to feed many. Or one of five deer to feed a few.

Comment

I go to plenty of sporting events/concert venues here in Houston.
          I have become oblivious to the armed guards, wands, turn around pat downs getting in.

Out of total fear of a terrorist attack in these venues.

Columbine was 20 years ago. Makes me sick to think how many school shootings have happened since.

In those 20 years there hasn't been a mass shooting (minus the Vegas massacre) in a public venue. Keeping in mind that sicko wasn't in attendance.

Armed guards might have something to do with this at the larger venues.

I have 3 kids. The security measures they have implemented in their schools over the years are comical at best.

I will never believe the "there just isn't the money" excuse.

The voters of Houston shot down using local tax money to keep the Astrodome alive a few years back. They conveniently worded the vote as a bond vote rather than tear the place down. Last week they passed a $100 million plan to fix it up completely ignoring the peoples vote a few years back.

There must not be any money in securing our kids schools for politicians or it would have already happened.

Screwed up world we live in.

Comment

Not at all if you aren't only focussed on your self. I will give $20 to feed many. Or one of five deer to feed a few.

Huh? You're making my point

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
              Thanks.

But I'm not sac....

Nevermind

And I bet neither of you would vote to keep food stamp program alive either.

LoL

You can kill my kid to save 20 others but i don't want $20 of my paycheck taken out to feed thousands!

I'm signing off.

Time for dinner then a lil Olympics.

I know for absolute fact that not a single person on this site has an issue with giving a little to help those that are truly in need. It is the tens of thousands who are allowed to abuse and mooch the system that many oppose funding.

Comment

Originally posted by TexMax View Post
                Huh? You're making my point
                Then your point escapes me. Your post said you would gladly sacrifice other people's children to save your own. That's really messed up.

Comment

It is a matter of dollars and cents.
                  The fed has to acknowledge we have a serious problem that doesn't really happen anywhere but here.

They have to allocate the funds to address the problem. There is nothing more important than protecting our children. Repeat, there is nothing more important than protecting our children. Nothing.

All schools must have trained, armed security guards.

Schools must have limited entrances with metal detectors that are manned at all times by armed security personnel.

EVERY THREAT MUST BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY AND THOROUGHLY INVESTIGATED. If the threat is found credible, the perp, regardless of age, must be detained. Period

I also think schools shout be limited in size as-in total number of students. With thousands of kids, it will be more difficult to detect a problem child.

Students must be empowered and encouraged to bring attention to any person who could be a threat, or who has made threats.

The biggest issue is that our government will give billions in tax cuts to the rich and not spend the money to protect our kids. Shameful.

This is my opinion. I am not willing to change my thoughts, nor am I going to argue my point. My mind is made up. It ain't gonna change. In case you didn't catch it earlier, nothing and I mean nothing is more important than protecting our kids.

Comment

Then your point escapes me. Your post said you would gladly sacrifice other people's children to save your own. That's really messed up.

My point does escape you. Because that is what i was arguing against.

Comment

ISD need to take their own security measures. Waiting on Washington to do it is comical. Even if Washington made an attempt to improve security I wouldn't hold my breath it would work.

More Sheepdogs would have more of an impact than anything else IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by justin81 View Post
                        Just got a email from my daughters school, they are doing a lockdown drill tomorrow. It's a tough pill to swallow that these are necessary now.
                        Hmmm that is strange. They are mandated by the state. I believe one a month is mandated. We do one a month. We even have to do the reverse drill which is EXACTL what occurred yesterday. We are a very small school and have two resource officers on campus. Have no answer on how to stop it completely but certainly allowing well trained (shouldn't they all be well trained?) LTC teachers to carry, would not hurt. I have no real answers honestly.

Comment

Did mass shootings happen before columbine? I don’t know the answer but to me that is where it started and has spiraled down hill since. For my age (31) it is the only mass shooting that I had ever heard of up to that point.

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                            Arm teachers?
                            How many 50 year old women that read to six year olds all day will have nerves of steel to be able to shoot the eyes out of a crazy (or three crazies) as he runs thru a school with 300 rounds of .223 on him?

Metal detectors only work for kids wanting to keep bringing guns in.
                            If I start shooting at the person manning the metal detector from 20 feet away and neutralize them I have access to the whole school after that.

So what if the front office has folks that are carrying the perp will just jump a fence at lunch time or recess and let lead fly.

Ppl that Do this dumb stuff aren't afraid of dieing so all these scare tactics won't workon them.

They have already succumbed to suicide once they embark on the school shooting mission
                            Try a 50yo that teaches high school (where most of these occur) like me. Not running around looking for the bad guy but hunkered down in my secure classroom and if the door is breached by anyone other than the police I will protect my students.

Comment

Originally posted by youngbuck1 View Post
                              Did mass shootings happen before columbine? I don’t know the answer but to me that is where it started and has spiraled down hill since. For my age (31) it is the only mass shooting that I had ever heard of up to that point.
                              University of Texas, Charles Whitman was one of the first.

Comment

Originally posted by Outbreaker View Post
                                Try a 50yo that teaches high school (where most of these occur) like me. Not running around looking for the bad guy but hunkered down in my secure classroom and if the door is breached by anyone other than the police I will protect my students.
                                Thank you. I know in my hometown where I've grown up, not only will that lady or man teacher not only engage the shooter but will empty a second clip in their dead *** just to make sure. Country folk don't F around

Comment

Working...
                                X