Plumbing for Dummies - Residential

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plumbing for Dummies - Residential

Question for the plumbers out there: In our master bath, we have two sinks, bathtub and shower. My sink, the tub and shower all have great pressure. My wife's sink has almost none. You can barely rinse your toothbrush off it's so weak.

The only two things I knew to check were 1) the valves are fully open and 2) the filter screen thingy in the faucet is clean and clear.

What else could cause the pressure to be so low? Also, if it maters, her sink is not directly in line with mine. Its on the opposite side of the bathroom. Any direction would be appreciated.

Thanks!

How old is the house?
    I assume the pressure was the same (low) without the screen in there?
    A line obstruction or accumulated scale is most likely.
    If the pressure is low without the screen in the sink, pull the supply line off and try it there.
    Any other pressure problems in the house? Where does your water come from?

Comment

Pretty new house - 5 years old. Yes, the pressure was still low without the screen in place.

Didn't think about disconnecting the supply line and trying it there. Both hot and cold are equally low, so maybe the problem is in the faucet somewhere?

Comment

Take off the water lines to the faucet and open the valves into a bucket to rule out lines vs faucet. Did you buy it new? Some faucets these days are made to be low flow. A previous owner may have taken out the reducer on one faucet but not the other.

Comment

What type of faucet is it a single handle are 8” spread ? But yes take supply loose from faucet and see if they have good pressure on them !

Comment

As stated above, take supply line off fixture and check it there. If it's low there, cut water off to house, remove cutoff and have someone cut water on while you hold bucket under line. You could thread a 90 on pipe or put an adapter with wash machine hose to lav. If still no pressure, pull meter and blow air backwards to clear line

Comment

Working...
            X