my trophy javi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my trophy javi

I haven't harvested a Javaline in a couple of years, but last year I didn't have too many hunts and one slow afternoon, I decided to make my luck & climbed down the tower blind for a stock on one. Had four Javi's eating corn about 180-200 yards so I crept up slow & in full camo. About 40 yards away, I creeped about 15-20 yards into the brush hoping to cover about another 20 yards or so & have the javi's walk into a little clearing tws the road. Well, as sneaky as I thought I was being, there was one who felt something wasn't right. As I'm looking & thinking about my next move and focused on the Javi's on the road, I see a javi staring right at me in the brush about 16 yards away. At this point I'm kneeling down behind black brush shrub and all I have is a quartering twds me opportunity. Must have stared eachother down for about 30 seconds, but felt like an hour & with the sun going down and him staring right at me... I decided to pull back, pop out, and if he doesn't move or spook, start squeezing the trigger on my release. So I did just that and... Thwak!! He didn't move a muscle until the arrow flew & made contact. A solid hit! I heard him running thru the brush & grunting for a few seconds before complete silence once again. Gave him a while to expire before looking and tracked him about 35 yards from where the stare down occured. Turned out to be Bigger than I anticipated so I decided to cape the head for a skull mount too. Afterall, I don't have a Javaline mount.... until now.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9234.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	24929858

Name:	photo 6.jpg
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	24929859

Name:	photo 7.jpg
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	24929860

Name:	photo 9.jpg
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	24929861

amazing what plain 'ol water will do with time.

Great story,good looking euro.Congrats!

DJ

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Nice one !
        This weekend I am going to help a buddy take one out that chased him up a tree last .

Comment

Nice 1

Comment

Nice euro! I bury all my heads and let nature do it's work!

Comment

Nice

Comment

Man that's a good one. Congrats.

Comment

Nice! I have never kept any of my javi heads. I will now. Thats cool.

Comment

Cool!

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Very cool, congrats!

Comment

nice !!!!

Comment

Thanks y'all.

Originally posted by KeeganNotSansaba View Post
                            Nice euro! I bury all my heads and let nature do it's work!
                            I've never tried that method, how long do you wait before digging up? How deep do you usually go from the top of the head to the surface? Does that area where it's burried eventually smell bad while decaying?

I actually didn't change out the water like I should on this guy so it was a bit harsh looking for all the teeth, but did it with a ... kinda, not really.. this one was pretty bad! LOL

Comment

Sweet looking Euro!

Comment

Working...
                              X