Halloween 2020 East Texas Pecan Ridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Halloween 2020 East Texas Pecan Ridge

I rarely take my crossbow out during the archery season unless I'm hunting hogs but when I do it seems to guarantee that I'll have a buck walk by within compound range. I must admit that now in my 60's the crossbow gives me an advantage over my compound and certainly my recurve. Halloween 2020 Video.

https://youtu.be/oXlQMwcUEkg
    Last edited by Texbow; 01-13-2021, 01:51 PM.

Freakin awesome video!
    Thanks for sharing!

Comment

That was a great video! Thanks for sharing

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Congrats on a good deer, very nice video as well !!!

Comment

cool video!

Comment

I bought a xbow for my daughter years ago. If Im not in practice on my compound for whatever reason (life) I take it out. Killed great animals with it and its so much fun.

Great video.

Comment

Cool video and nice buck!! Congrats!

Did you hit him high andway back in front of the rear quarters ?

Comment

[QUOTE=Smart;15407302]Cool video and nice buck!! Congrats!

Did you hit him high andway back in front of the rear quarters ?

Jason I hit him about midway. He was quartering (not much) and going uphill. My bolt traveled through the lungs and into the right shoulder. You can see the entrance wound in the video when the deer is hanging on the rack. I could have shot him much sooner but I was indecisive. He was one of those bucks you would only shoot in East Texas.

Comment

I like the buck but I really like that open creek bottom. They always look "deery" but you just don't find them very often.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                      I like the buck but I really like that open creek bottom. They always look "deery" but you just don't find them very often.
                      It's my favorite place on the lease. I've taken bucks from the stand the past 3 years. Loaded with white oak trees. I've not have much luck hunting feeders in East Texas for mature bucks.

Comment

Working...
                      X