No announcement yet.

Brushy hill 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunted Hog Haven South the week before Christmas. Very slow hunt, saw a lot of under size bucks. Other hunters in camp reported they saw indications that the bucks were starting to run doe the day before we left (Thursday, Dec 17). Extremely dry out there! Deer are coming to corn heavy.

Comment

Smvjr1- Our group is hunting that pasture next week so hoping the drought hasnt killed the movement. Never hunted this far south so curious how's the deer movement in S. Texas mid January.

Comment

The deer are not hitting the corn very hard during the day which is why this is frustrating. I’m hunting a stand that I let rest yesterday and had deer on my camera from 4:00 pm till dark. Hunting that same stand and haven’t seen a deer. Go figure!

Comment

Motive7, I sent you a PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rod View Post
            Motive7, I sent you a PM.

Rod, cant PM...too much of a newbie.... 682.240.8833

Thanks bud

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
              That is all you can ask for!

I need to look at making a trip out there. Maybe I can talk the Deerslayer into a trip.

Funny, I was just recollecting on this place. This was the first hunt Breck and I ever went on together. Was Brett Mayes, Breck and myself. Was the first year that Pete had inherited the place and his mother was still alive and calling shots.......man I loved visiting with her.

The only rule Pete had that year was 8 points or better and I took him serious. Killed the first 8 point that put his head in corn, ha. Breck gave me heck about that 100" 8 point for years.

He and I hunted on Pete's place for about 8 years are so straight after that, great memories.

Sorry for the thread reroute, back to more current updates.

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by Rod View Post
                The deer are not hitting the corn very hard during the day which is why this is frustrating. I’m hunting a stand that I let rest yesterday and had deer on my camera from 4:00 pm till dark. Hunting that same stand and haven’t seen a deer. Go figure!
                That's Brushy Hill for you. The deer know when your in the stand. I've hunted it several times, always deer on the stand when not there and nothing when there. My last trip two yrs ago I pulled two all day sits from dawn to dusk except for a single mid day 30min walk to truck for restroom and refreshments. Still nothing until the next day. It's tough for sure.

Comment

First trip to the ranch was last week, all week and had a great time. Didn't kill a monster, but a guy in the next camp got a **** good one. Whole new perspective on bowhunting being a newbie, but the one thing I took away, .... I only THOUGHT I knew how to brush on a blind.....Nick did a great job on the blinds!...and helping whenever he could. Our group is planning on going back.

Comment

Originally posted by Motive7 View Post
                    First trip to the ranch was last week, all week and had a great time. Didn't kill a monster, but a guy in the next camp got a **** good one. Whole new perspective on bowhunting being a newbie, but the one thing I took away, .... I only THOUGHT I knew how to brush on a blind.....Nick did a great job on the blinds!...and helping whenever he could. Our group is planning on going back.

It’s tough but also rewarding if you go into it with the right frame of mind.

Comment

Working...
                    X